cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is someone in Guelph stop having service or no PM signal. It says no service on my Moto G Power

jatzkie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just woke up this morning and went to work but my phone says no service since I'm at workplace. I have signal everyday but for some reason I have no signal since I came to work. I did not notice before leaving home if I have signal. I also tried to switch preffered network to 2g/3g and lte. I restarted my phone multiple times already but still no service. Can anyone help me please? TIA!

11 REPLIES 11

@jatzkie  You're welcome! Have a good day. 

jatzkie

Thank you very much! So informative.

I'll wait for the mods feedback.

@jatzkie  yes definitely frustrating. Do ensure you change all passwords to stronger ones.

Yes absolutely with both options I listed 1 & 2 you'll have same number. Everything will be the same.

Again for option 2.DO NOT ACTIVATE NEW SIM CARD. If you go to a store and they tell you have to activate to get the sim tell them no all you need is the sim card and you know how to log into your account and change the sim card number to the new number that you're buying as you already have an active account.

jatzkie

Thanks. It's just frustrating. I hope I still have my phone number. Will they be able to get my same phone number?

@jatzkie 

Pretty much two options at this point.

1- Wait for moderators to investigate. They have a way of getting your current sim card you have working again.

2 - Buy another simcard DO NOT ACTIVE IT. You have to go into your account and click change sim card.

Green arrow.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

Then everything will be on the new sim card and you're good to go.

jatzkie

How do I get service again? can they activate my existing sim card or I have to get a new sim?

@jatzkie 

You're welcome!  Immediately log into your account and click "Plans and Add-ons" then "Lost / Stolen". Mark as stolen to block that scammer.

change all passwords to strong secure passwords. Don't use same password for every site. Keep a close eye on your financials. Anything that was attached to your phone. 

jatzkie

Thank you! OMG! I think that's happening to me right now. The sim did not match. Thank you so much. I will message PM Mods right now.

@jatzkie 

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

It will show you last 4 digits of the sim card. Now take the sim out of your phone do they match?

If they don't you have Been a victim of simjacking.

Click plans and add-ons then lost/stolen mark it as stolen to block whoever has access to your account sim.

Then immediately start changing all your passwords and check your financials for fraud.

Then open a ticket for moderators to investigate.

Screenshot_20210104_110512.jpg

Or private message them at link below 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Let us know!

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Just to be sure your account hasn't been hacked, login to your selfserve and click the "change sim card" option and confirm the last 4 digits match the sim card in your phone. If they dont match, someone has "sim swapped" your account.

Edit: @Jb456 posted after me a much more complete action plan for this situation! 🖖

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Checked Telus site and doesn't seem to be any outages.

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

If you have another phone then try swapping the sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.