cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to port out my number but keep my account with a new number?

FFDSP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'd like to use my number with another carrier, but I'll continue using Public Mobile with a new number.

I know how to port my number out, and I know how to change my number. But, is it possible to do both? Or, I have to trash my SIM card and get a new one?

4 REPLIES 4

@FFDSP 

You will also lose any rewards, promos etc....do you have many or just autopay?bYou could activate with the other provider with a new number and try out their service while you use up any promos, balance etc....then if you are happy porting out and maybe a good promo comes up ( Stack with a CCS bundle offer?) You can then activate a new account with pm and have your original number with the new provider.

If the new provider isn't as great as you thought you won't have ported your number right away and have to it back port out.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@FFDSP 

It sounds like you are porting your PM number to another carrier and getting a new PM number on another phone.

As noted by @dabr, once you port out, that is it…the account is closed with PM and you will get a new PM SIM for a new number. You can’t reuse your old PM SIM with a new number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

first when you port out your number your account will close right away and your SIM card can't re activate,with new number,

you have to buy it a new SIM card

and activate a new account with a new SIM card and you can re enter old information if you like it ,

and remove any credit card before your porting out.

don't forgetting, Refer A Friend code will receive a one-time credit of $10 for a new activate

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@FFDSP wrote:

I'd like to use my number with another carrier, but I'll continue using Public Mobile with a new number.

I know how to port my number out, and I know how to change my number. But, is it possible to do both? Or, I have to trash my SIM card and get a new one?

@FFDSP   Unfortunately, once you port out your number your account will close and SIM will be deactivated.  You cannot attach a new number to your PM account.  Reminder to remove any payment card before porting out.

Need Help? Let's chat.