cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it free charge for receiving international calls based on my unlimited calls(canada wide)?

Laura11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

11 REPLIES 11

cmobile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

All new plans ($15 and up) come with unlimited incoming calls, as long as you're inside Canada coverage.

Public Mobile won't be able to receive incoming calls in overseas ( Only exception is USA, you do need purchase USA add-on though). 

@Anonymous   Yeah, I get your point about the airtime and incoming destination.  Also, of course, if you've used up your available mins from a limited plan, then no incoming calls would be expected.  

Maybe I'm just misremembering how those incoming calls were treated..been a while, so more than possible I could be mistaken.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr : I just kinda really doubt it. But the old Knowledge Base article does say that with a limited minute plan (10 or 15) that once out of those minutes it would use add-ons of some sort.

"Uses plan minutes. If your minutes have been used, time will be taken from your Long Distance Add-On minutes."

So, what if you don't have one? What if it's from a country that's not covered by an add-on for outbound?

I dunno. Reasonable doubt 🙂 My bet is on being able to receive calls from anywhere.

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr : Jeez. I dug down in to the terms of service and they're woefully out of date as far as I understand how things work here.

It is my understanding that all incoming calls from anywhere are included. So would that caller not go through if you didn't have an international add-on? Not to my knowledge.

@Anonymous    I understand that if a customer doesn't have an international add-on in their account, then, of course, the call should still come through.  I'm just a bit confused with the add-on being on account and how I recollect that it deducted from those mins.  It was on the $10 plan with limited mins, but that plan also has plenty of mins available because of the domestic mins. add-ons.

Edit:  will try to test it sometime by asking someone to call and see where the incoming calls deduct, if applicable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr : Jeez. I dug down in to the terms of service and they're woefully out of date as far as I understand how things work here.

It is my understanding that all incoming calls from anywhere are included. So would that caller not go through if you didn't have an international add-on? Not to my knowledge.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Doesn't incoming international calls deduct from your applicable add-on (if one is added to the account)?   I don't remember for sure, but I believe the last time I received an incoming int. call (been a couple of years now, so can't confirm) it deducted from the international mins. add-on in the account.  It might also be applicable to the US calling add-on too.  Should have noted how these calls get treated.

Perhaps someone else here can confirm whether this is how it works or not?

mkca68

Hi Dear, there is no additional charges to receive calls on any Public Mobile plan. So no matter the call is coming from where, it is FREE.

Hope this answer helped you to understand Public Mobile better

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Laura11 

all Public Mobile plans include for unlimited world-wide minutes incoming call,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Laura11 

As long as you are in Canada, yes, free with Public Mobile plans.

Laura11

Thanks for help. I see.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Laura11 : All plans include receiving calls from anywhere. No extra charges here.

Need Help? Let's chat.