cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyones service wonky ?

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I woke up this morning and I missed 2 calls. I never got the call on my phone. It never showed up as missed and my phone never rang. I decided to call a couple of people and the calls went to voicemail. Shortly after that someone tried calling me through another phone and asked why they couldn't get a hold of me. I was confused as i never got a call on my phone and i called the same person and they never got anything. I tried calling them and they tried calling me and everything seems to be working fine now.

It was early morning that i had this problem. Could it be due to the selfserve maintenance ? Its kinda odd.

18 REPLIES 18

@DPyro wrote:

If you have do not disturb on you must set the hours for do not disturb. The phone will not ring or notify you during these hours.

Keep in mind while in DND mode there are parameters you can set to allow to turn on/off for calls if the numbers are in your favourites and any caller that calls twice within 2 minutes if they are in your contacts. 

@DPyro wrote:

If you have do not disturb on you must set the hours for do not disturb. The phone will not ring or notify you during these hours.

While the phone might not notify you of the incoming events, I've noticed thtat I can still answer calls in DND mode. My phone simply disables the phone app popup and sounds but the calls do actually still come through. You just wouldn't know about the calls unless you were already looking at the phone's screen.

BearFBI

@DPyro Usally when do not disturb is on i still get missed call notifications. So when I had it enabled like I always do i would've thought I would get at least a missed call notification. I mustve touched a setting by accident and disabled calls on do not disturb. 

DPyro
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI wrote:

I woke up this morning and I missed 2 calls. I never got the call on my phone. It never showed up as missed and my phone never rang. I decided to call a couple of people and the calls went to voicemail. Shortly after that someone tried calling me through another phone and asked why they couldn't get a hold of me. I was confused as i never got a call on my phone and i called the same person and they never got anything. I tried calling them and they tried calling me and everything seems to be working fine now.

It was early morning that i had this problem. Could it be due to the selfserve maintenance ? Its kinda odd.

If you have an iPhone, do you have Do Not Disturb  set up on it? There are different settings to allow some calls to occur. 

Or in your case see here. 

BearFBI

Aha. I figured out the problem. When I take my phone out of do not disturb mode I get incoming calls. When I leave It on i dont recive incoming calls. My phone has never done this before and I've had it for 6 months now. I've always had it on do not disturb and I would always be able to recive incoming calls. I still don't know why when I call out there were problems but its all good now. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BearFBI 

Your plan feature may not be provisioned correctly.  Adding $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provision your account again.  The $1 added will be in your account as available fund to be used on your next renewal day.

@BearFBI wrote:

@shep22 Battery is at 83% and I never have issues with battery. Its a new phone. Everything in selfserve seems like it's fine. I live in a urban area with lots of cell coverage. Cell coverage is rarely an issue here. 

If it's a chronic thing...maybe that new phone is the culprit. If it does keep happening...maybe try your sim in a different phone.

Make sure all Galaxy updates are current.

BearFBI

I restarted my phone and i can dial out no problem. I cant recive incoming calls now. It goes straight to voicemail

EDIT: Now I'm getting all these txt messages and missed call notifications. 

No issues here in the GTA.  It could be a local intermittent problem, maybe phone issue.  

@BearFBI  restart your phone.  Wait 30 seconds and restart it.  Stay safe.  

BearFBI

@shep22 Battery is at 83% and I never have issues with battery. Its a new phone. Everything in selfserve seems like it's fine. I live in a urban area with lots of cell coverage. Cell coverage is rarely an issue here. 

shep22

@BearFBI check your self serve just to see if all is in order sounds odd if it's not a tower issue are you having any battery issues? 

BearFBI

@popping Im using a Galaxy S10. Its been working fine. I've never had call problems untill today.

I also forgot to mention that while I was in the middle of a call the call randomly went silent. And I lost the person on the other side. The call was still going. It happend at least twice this morning. I had to hangup and call again.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BearFBI 

Which phone are you using?

My old phone was LG G5.  When it went to sleep, it does not wake up fast enough to answer the call.  Now, I have faster phone Umidigi A5 Pro with more memory.  My phone rings when I have incoming calls. 

BearFBI

@hairbag1 I'm in Northern Ontario. There dosent seem to be any Telus service outages here. It couldve just been the scheduled maintenance.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI wrote:

I woke up this morning and I missed 2 calls. I never got the call on my phone. It never showed up as missed and my phone never rang. I decided to call a couple of people and the calls went to voicemail. Shortly after that someone tried calling me through another phone and asked why they couldn't get a hold of me. I was confused as i never got a call on my phone. I tried calling them and they tried calling me and everything seems to be working fine now.

All seems well in the interior of BC.

There was maintenance sch'd for earlier today, so maybe that's caused a service interuption for you.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI wrote:

I woke up this morning and I missed 2 calls. I never got the call on my phone. It never showed up as missed and my phone never rang. I decided to call a couple of people and the calls went to voicemail. Shortly after that someone tried calling me through another phone and asked why they couldn't get a hold of me. Everything is working fine now.

It was early morning that this problem happened. Could it be due to the selfserve maintenance ? Its kinda odd.

@BearFBI hi that is odd I doubt if the scheduled maintenance was the issue but is a possibility, more likely a temporary tower problem glad all is fine now

Need Help? Let's chat.