cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anybody else's account making calls you didn't make.

Jethro82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I keep getting this (587) 580-4001 number on my usage details.  The calls never last 2 minutes, most of them are under 30 seconds.  No unusual texts appear on my account and the data numbers all add up.  No other phone calls appear on my account except the ones I've actually made.  I've had this phone for two years and always had itemized phone numbers - it started within days of my switching to Public Mobile.  Interestingly every call I actually made while in the states was marked as 'Public US Roam Voice' - while I was in the States the 587 number was called but was marked as 'All' - the usual categorization of my Canada-to-Canada calls.  Since my plan includes unlimited Canada wide dialing this isn't costing me a cent.  It's just why would someone spoof my phone to call exactly one number(does the number provide something illegal so they don't want it to be tracable?).  What(if anything) should I do about it?

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jethro82 absolutely nothing to worry about.  Any time someone calls you and either your phone is unreachable (powered off, doesn't currently have a signal due to dead spot, set in airplane mode, etc) or you just don't/can't answer it in time, the call gets forwarded to your voicemail box.  That's what you're seeing.

For reference, here's a full list of the voicemail access numbers Public Mobile uses: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/access-voice-mail-out-of-home... .  Yours was in the list.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ColdWinters
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That number is listed as a spam number.  Is your phone second hand?  Could it be that the number was blocked by a previous owner and the change of networks recognizes the device blocking the number.  Blocked numbers still show up in my call list and still leave voicemail... its just that my phone doesn't ring.  

If they are outgoing calls that is even stranger.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Jethro82 wrote:

I keep getting this (587) 580-4001 number on my usage details.  The calls never last 2 minutes, most of them are under 30 seconds.  No unusual texts appear on my account and the data numbers all add up.  No other phone calls appear on my account except the ones I've actually made.  I've had this phone for two years and always had itemized phone numbers - it started within days of my switching to Public Mobile.  Interestingly every call I actually made while in the states was marked as 'Public US Roam Voice' - while I was in the States the 587 number was called but was marked as 'All' - the usual categorization of my Canada-to-Canada calls.  Since my plan includes unlimited Canada wide dialing this isn't costing me a cent.  It's just why would someone spoof my phone to call exactly one number(does the number provide something illegal so they don't want it to be tracable?).  What(if anything) should I do about it?

Looks like the voicemail number to me.  Mine ends in 4001 just different area code and prefix

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jethro82 wrote:

The phone number ending 4001 is the PM voice mail for your province.  You calls were forwarded to your voicemail.

Need Help? Let's chat.