cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is PM going to do more than just apologies for the outage last Sunday night - Monday morning?

johncross
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

According to PM, multiple clients were affected two days ago when we were getting a "Sorry. We cannot complete your call. You don't have active Long distance add-on...." message. It was really annoying, we are relying on communications so much, especially when there is a need to be constantly connected with children or the elderly.

The outage was fixed and we got lots of apologies, but here is one idea. The error message was referring to the absence of the Long Distance Add-on. Don't you think that it would be only fair if PM offered all affected customer the smallest (200 min) Long Distance Add-on as a gesture, proving that they are really sorry.

Also it will be the best guarantee that this kind of an outage won't affect us in the future (it happened once - it may happen again), because we will have the Long-Distance Add-on 🙂

Thoughts? 

11 REPLIES 11

bryclops
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think for those that have data, you should probably keep an app like Fongo on your phone so that you can make calls using wifi or data during an outage.  Fongo is also useful in a subway that has wifi, and you can forward your phone number to receive calls on wifi or data if you are out of country.

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@johncross wrote:

According to PM, multiple clients were affected two days ago when we were getting a "Sorry. We cannot complete your call. You don't have active Long distance add-on...." message. It was really annoying, we are relying on communications so much, especially when there is a need to be constantly connected with children or the elderly.

The outage was fixed and we got lots of apologies, but here is one idea. The error message was referring to the absence of the Long Distance Add-on. Don't you think that it would be only fair if PM offered all affected customer the smallest (200 min) Long Distance Add-on as a gesture, proving that they are really sorry.

Also it will be the best guarantee that this kind of an outage won't affect us in the future (it happened once - it may happen again), because we will have the Long-Distance Add-on 🙂

Thoughts? 

That's a hard one. For one, if you purchased an add-on because of this outage, they should reimburse you. 

I would say they could give customers a goodwill LD add-on of a certain amount of minutes, whether or not 200 is the right number, I don't know. I'd think 60 minimum for sure though. 

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

@Michael77, I will only agree to that if the upgrade from my Promo Plan to the same plan with Canada Wide calling is *no-cost-to-me*, exactly like the extra 6 GB of data was when Fall Promo came out!

$120 for 90 days is still awesome for my needs in Ontario, wwithout Canada wide calling.

@stonechucker

Agreed.  

@Michael77, I will only agree to that if the upgrade from my Promo Plan to the same plan with Canada Wide calling is *no-cost-to-me*, exactly like the extra 6 GB of data was when Fall Promo came out!

$120 for 90 days is still awesome for my needs in Ontario, wwithout Canada wide calling.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Or all plans should just be Canadawide minutes.  Wishful thinking....... Smiley Happy Smiley Tongue

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ShawnC13, I used to go after Rogers for every minute of outage as a matter of principle.  To their credit, they never ever refuse.  I would get a credit for the entire day even if the outage was a few hours.  In the evening I have only a few hours to watch tv or use the internet.  Losing any of the prime time hours in a day amounts to losing the day.  These days I have matured with time and so I do weigh the time factor over principle.  As networks mature and become more reliable, the frequency of these problems is very low.

@stonechucker, thanks for confirmed the consumption of minutes during the outage.  I tried several calls during that time to confirm that I did not lose service as I surmised that the addon kept my service going.  So, I probably lost maybe 5 minutes.  This can easily be offset by a reward. 

@johncross, you could take your case to the CCTS.  I am sure that you cold get some sort of credit if you are genuinely concerned that you have not been appropriately compensated.

spaceman

this! I experienced the samething. Weird and really annoying. I went ahead and re-started the phone after multiple tries. This is one thing I have learned in the past being a customer of The Wind.

Restart the **bleep** thing and hope for the best. In this case, it worked out

@johncross, I think you've solved my issue with the outage on Monday.  As I'm on a province wide calling plan, AND I DO have a 200 minute addon of long distance, I noticed 2 minutes were used on my plan unexpectedly this past week.

Looking at my usagee I was charged 2 minutes at somepoint using LD addon - for calls within my province, no where near a border.  I don't like that it happened, but it's less than $0.25.

Maybe have one less coffee this week.  An outage is an issue, yes, but if you're relying on only one connection, you're setting yourself up for failure.  Always have a backup.

@johncross, yes we can Man Very Happy but my example of the cable vision is what you have asked PM to provide

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

johncross

@ShawnC13 Respectfully disagree, but you are obviously entitled to have your opinion. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@johncross, if your cable vision provider goes down for a couple hours  every couple of years do you think they should provide you with a sattelite dish for back up?  Do they credit your bill?  I understand it was an incovenience but to give the LD addon would be a little crazy.  As an example using the $120 90 day plan it works out you are being charged $0.055 cents per hour. 120/(90*24)= 0.05555555.  I guess they could credit you $0.11 for the time the service it was out based on a 2 hour outage.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.