cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6s voicemail not working

communityWendy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with Public Mobile for almost a year and I have yet to successfully open a voicemail.  I have tried everything.. (reseting network, rebooting phone, resetting voicemail password) help please!

8 REPLIES 8

60FDE19F-F40D-411E-A9D5-BD85703F633D.jpeg

@communityWendy if you have parental control enabled for address book, because voicemail isn't in your address book you need to allow communication with 'everyone' in order for the voicemail to work. 

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@communityWendy wrote:

I have been with Public Mobile for almost a year and I have yet to successfully open a voicemail.  I have tried everything.. (reseting network, rebooting phone, resetting voicemail password) help please!

Hi @communityWendy , if you are still trying to set up voicemail on your iphone 6s, check out this link How to Set Up Voicemail on Your iPhone . I hope this helps.  Come back and let us know.  Cheers!  😊

@communityWendy wrote:

If all else fails and you can't figure out the correct voicemail retrieval number, set up the voice mailbox up or check your messages by dialing your own phone number.

Okay...Try these steps. Check your Visual Voicemail after each step:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS.
  2. Check for a carrier-bundle update: Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, a message will ask you to update.
  3. To check your cellular network connection, try to call someone. 
  4. Make sure that you set up your voicemail. To check, dial your own phone number from your iPhone and leave yourself a message.
  5. Call your iPhone from another phone and try to leave yourself a voicemail.
  6. Go to the keypad and press and hold on the 1, or press the Call Voicemail button. This dials voicemail. Check if you have any missed messages.
  7. On the Voicemail screen, tap Greeting. Then change your greeting to either custom or default. 
  8. If you have more than one cellular plan on your iPhone, try switching to the other plan. Call the first number and try to leave a message.
  9. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201436#:~:text=Call%20your%20iPhone%20from%20another,to%20leave%20....

communityWendy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sorry, I already seen that on troubleshooting.  No luck but thanks for trying to help!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@communityWendy wrote:

If you were to dial 17785804001 what do you get? If you have reset your voicemail password in the self-serve then the new password is your 10 digit phone number. Try that number I gave and then try that password and see what you get. It might even think you need to do initial set up.

Need Help? Let's chat.