cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid simcard number after activation broke

DerJ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to activate the SIM and it failed in the last step... it was written I shouldn't worry and just log in again, but that's not possible I can't log in with the email/username/pw I gave and I can't activate the SIM again from beginning because now it says the SIM card number is invalid. I already charged it up with 40$ for my plan I wanted to have, what makes me a little bit angry now! What ca I do now?! Please help!

10 REPLIES 10

@AyudameIt usually take them up to 48 hours to get back to you.. you just have to be patient.

Ayudame

I have been trying to get in touch with the moderators through private messages, but I did not get a reply yet.

Could it be that I did something wrong without me knowing?

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@DerJ wrote:

I tried to activate the SIM and it failed in the last step... it was written I shouldn't worry and just log in again, but that's not possible I can't log in with the email/username/pw I gave and I can't activate the SIM again from beginning because now it says the SIM card number is invalid. I already charged it up with 40$ for my plan I wanted to have, what makes me a little bit angry now! What ca I do now?! Please help!

As you were on last step, I think account maybe created and voucher used but service not activated properly.  If after hour of wait, if says sim invalid or voucher invalid, you need moderator to finish the activation.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@DerJ  it most likely doesn't but just to make sure 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@DerJ wrote:

@DerJ  That is a common occurrence with the activation site. Don't worry though it's not a big deal.

As others have mentioned insert your sim in the phone. If it connects to Public's network your almost there.

Click here to register your selfserve account.

If the sim does not connect and your credit card was not charged then try again activating in an hour.

If your card was charged the contract the Public moderator team for help

Include your sim number to speed things up.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

DerJ

I'll try but I can't even log in why and how could it work then?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@DerJ   did you try the Sim card in the phone just to make sure it didn't go through 

DerJ

Thanks! Yes it was a voucher, I'll try again in an hour.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@DerJ   if your credit card was charged try the Sim card in your phone.  If it's a voucher  maybe it didn't go thru and you have to wait an hour and try activation again 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@DerJIf your card has been charged.. have you tried putting your SIM card into your phone? Would it work? If the SIM card works, You can complete the rest of your setup by creating your online profile via selfserve.publicmobile.ca

If you don't get service you will need to message the moderators here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Expect they will get back to you up to 48 hours?

Need Help? Let's chat.