cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim number

simardfa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. I recently lost my cell phone and bought a new one from Amazon.ca as well as a SIM card from Amazon. I previously had a phone with Public Mobile and intend to keep my number. The phone is an Alcatel Go Flip 3. The problem is that when I try to register my SIM card it says "invalid SIM card number", yet I've put in the correct number! The SIM card comes from a larger card from which I punched it out, and the larger card clearly says Plublic Mobile, meaning that this SIM card is for Public Mobile. The SIM number is:

8912230000xxxxxxxxx

I thank you very much for your assistance. 🙂

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

10 REPLIES 10

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious 

my dear best friend don't worry about it i will take care for it

and i learn more and Special from you,
i appreciate it very much
god bless you and your family always...

PM should come up with the new 'title' - Master Teacher and @darlicious should be nominated and achieve it first.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

my dear best friend don't worry about it i will take care for it

and i learn more and Special from you,
i appreciate it very much
god bless you and your family always...

@Anonymous 

Ah yes now I see....so just the middle is extraneous. So to satisfy any interested parties edit out the middle that is not needed and put...

Edit:

Removed extraneous info so as to not confuse the OP.

And you're all good.😉

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@simardfa wrote:

Hello. I recently lost my cell phone and bought a new one from Amazon.ca as well as a SIM card from Amazon. I previously had a phone with Public Mobile and intend to keep my number. The phone is an Alcatel Go Flip 3. The problem is that when I try to register my SIM card it says "invalid SIM card number", yet I've put in the correct number! The SIM card comes from a larger card from which I punched it out, and the larger card clearly says Plublic Mobile, meaning that this SIM card is for Public Mobile. The SIM number is:

I thank you very much for your assistance. 🙂

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

@simardfa 

I think you are saying you had Public Mobile service working recently, until you lost your phone, is that correct?

If your account still Active, OR in non-payment status for less than 90 days?

If so, than you should be able to perform a SIM swap to the new SIM card on your account.

It almost sounds like you are trying to Activate a new account with this new SIM card though. 

Can you clarify what the situation is?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

my dear friend when i do see at name 

• REGISTERED: 11-13-2015 , so maybe i think they are a existing customer you know.
  • and if i will deleted you know in here they another person just keep look about me and they will start, and you know..
  • but i did put it
  • for new customer *
  • for existing customer *
  • so why is there confuse !!

@Anonymous 

The first part is helpful. The second part my confuse the OP into activating the replacement card rather than doing a sim swap.

@simardfa 

As suggested:

1. Clear your browser or use a different one.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Use secret/incognito mode.
  4. Firefox, chrome, safari or edge work best.
  5. Try a different device.

If you still get the same message then return the sim card to Amazon. You can buy one locally or order one from Canadian Cell Supplies for $5 w/free shipping within 5 business days via Canada post.

You are getting this message from within your self serve account under "change sim card" ? As you do not want to activate your sim card but merely swap it out with the lost sim card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@simardfa 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

for new customer *and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*for more information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

for existing customer *How To Change Your SIM Card

the SIM change functionality has been re-enabled in My Account, now with an additional security step: 2 factor authentication to further protect against SIM card fraud.In order to change the SIM card associated with your account, you must now verify your request through a one-time security code that will be sent via SMS or email.To change your SIM card, please follow the below steps:

1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code to be sent to. You can choose to have the code sent to your email, or via SMS to your phone number. If you do not have access to your phone or cannot receive SMS, please select the email option.
  5. Check your email or phone for your security code, and input the code into the page
  6. Click “Verify Code”

Please note: after 5 failed attempts to verify your security code, your account will be locked, and you will need to have your account unlocked and your SIM card manually updated by an agent by submitting a ticket link,.

1. Once you have verified your code, click “submit” to complete your SIM card change, and you’re all set !!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@simardfa 

In order to change the SIM card associated with your account, you must now verify your request through a one-time security code that will be sent via SMS or email.  To change your SIM card, please follow the below steps:

1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code to be sent to. You can choose to have the code sent to your email, or via SMS to your phone number. If you do not have access to your phone or cannot receive SMS, please select the email option.
  5. Check your email or phone for your security code, and input the code into the page
  6. Click “Verify Code”

Please note: after 5 failed attempts to verify your security code, your account will be locked, and you will need to have your account unlocked and your SIM card manually updated by an agent by submitting a ticket.

1. Once you have verified your code, click “submit” to complete your SIM card change.

@simardfa 

I removed your SIM card number from the public forum.  

Are you trying to change your SIM card in your self service account? The website can be finicky.  Maybe try clear cache, incognito mode or different web browser.  

If you still get the invalid SIM card warning, it is possible that Amazon dealer sent you a SIM card that was activated before.  You may need to contact Amazon. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@simardfa : When did you last pay for your service here?

If more than 4 months then yes you'll need to start up a whole new service.

If less than 4 months then you can log in to that existing account and use the Change SIM function to link the new SIM to your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.