cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM after account creation failure - URGENT!

PubMob2018
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have sent a few private messages to the @CS_Agent with no response in almost 2 days. I ported my number over from Telus with no problems. I tried to port my Dad's number over and the process failed on the last step when creating the account. Now, he is cut off from Telus and doesn't have a working SIM card (either PM or Telus). When I tried creating an account from scratch and entered his SIM # it said "invalid SIM". It appears that the SIM card has been activated, locked, or has simply failed. Do I need a PUK to unlock it (I don't know what his SIM PIN # is) or a new SIM card? When I called 1-855-478-2542 I can get to his account balance, add-ons, etc. so this tells me PM has at least partially created his account. The APN were updated on his iPhone 5S running iOS 12 and rebooted several times and still says "No Service". This is his business # and it's very urgent to get this going ASAP. Please help. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

dumbdobie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I wish you the best of luck. I ended up with no response for 3 weeks I just made a new account and wrote off the funds.

They have the best value among the big 3 but beware if you need any support as there is none.

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't have any specific suggestions, but wanted to quickly say that moderator response times can take 48+ hours these days - so in addition to any help you might get here, I'd keep watching for a response from a mod in the next little while.

Good luck, hope you get it up and running soon!

Need Help? Let's chat.