cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet

kingbaida
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have an iphone 6 and the 500 + 500 Mb data package.

I have been unable to access data on the iphone.  Unable to browse or use Imessage.  I have read the posts but unable to find a solution..... Any clues ?  tks.....

10 REPLIES 10

@kingbaida wrote:

Hello 

I can’t seem to be able to change the MMS settings . ( I don’t have this sub menu) and my phone IS un’ocked.  I can’t get any data , therefore I cant even browse the net .... anymore solutions ??? 

Thanks for your help !

Maybe reset network settings like @CalgaryBen recommends in this post:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323130/highlight...

kingbaida

Hello 

I can’t seem to be able to change the MMS settings . ( I don’t have this sub menu) and my phone IS un’ocked.  I can’t get any data , therefore I cant even browse the net .... anymore solutions ??? 

Thanks for your help !

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kingbaida wrote:

Hello,

I have been unable to access data on the iphone.  Unable to browse or use Imessage.  I have read the posts but unable to find a solution..... Any clues ?  tks.....

@kingbaida check for any available carrier updates.  Also, read here, courtesy of @CalgaryBen :  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/326123/highlight...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

zork1984

In my experience with my wife's iPhone6, we never have to manually set APN settings.  Typically we just need to accept the new carrier settings when prompted.  We have swapped SIMs for different local carriers a couple of times when we travelled and not once did we have to manually touch that.

OP: When you use settings/General/About and in the third block of items, do you see Carrier = Public Mobile 36.0 (what I have on my phone)?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kingbaida wrote:

Hi Bishamon,

I have done everything and so far nothing.....

I have not change the APN settings. What should I insert ?

Change the APN using the following setting for iPhone 6 and restart your phone.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/apple-iphone-6

kingbaida

yes it's on

I even tried Roaming ON

kingbaida

Hi Bishamon,

I have done everything and so far nothing.....

I have not change the APN settings. What should I insert ?

emad
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Was it a new activation or have you changes the plan? Has it ever worked before?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@kingbaida  a écrit :

Hello,

Something with your settings...data on fisrt?? 

bishamon

@kingbaida wrote:

Hello,

Hi,

A couple of things you might want to double check:

1)  Is the plan showing up in your account in the PM website.

2)  Did you change your APN settings on your iphone 6.

3)  Did you try restarting your phone?

4)  Is your account fully paid?

If all of these are checked, and verified.  I would suggest contacting the Moderator Team.

Need Help? Let's chat.