cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet data does not work properly

pramod
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, Whenever I try to search something on google or go to Facebook, the page doesn’t download nor I am able to play any videos.

5 REPLIES 5

modugnot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If this is Facebook specific, I would check if you have data enabled for Facebook in your data settings. If you have an iphone, go to the "Cellular" tab. Scroll down and check if Facebook is enabled in the list of apps that are using data. You can turn on and turn off which apps use data. If you still have this issue (with Facebook only), delete the Facebook app and reinstall it. This will reset the data settings to default.

If you are unable to use data with any apps, I would, as others mentioned, check if you've gone over your monthly allocated data. Afterwards you can try:

1) Turn off roaming if it is on.

2) Toggle cellular data on and off.

3) Remove your sim card and put it back.

4) Check APN settings.

If you're still stuck you can try downloading and installing a new APN profile from unlockit.co.nz. This has usually worked for me in the worst case scenarios. 

To use this site:

1) select Create APN

2) Select country and carrier

3) Press "Create APN".

4) Your phone will be prompted to download a new profile. Accept the download.

5) Install the profile.

6) You should now be able to use data.

@pramod 

Have you logged into your self serve account to see if you have any data left on your plan? Which plan do you have? If you look at the bottom left corner of your overview page under "My Data and Add ons" you should see your plan data counter or if you have a data add on its data counter.

ie. 250MB at 3G speed........0/250MB   or   1GB Data Add-on........0/1024MB

If you don't see anything like the above examples in that section then you have used all of your data.

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pramod Have you gotten or upgraded your phone to a newer one?

The most common would be that you forgot turn on data. If not I would make sure that your phone software is up to date as well as your apps. 

If not maybe you used up all of your data and there is nothing left. You can check this in My Account. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@pramod wrote:

Hi, Whenever I try to search something on google or go to Facebook, the page doesn’t download nor I am able to play any videos.

Hi @pramod ,

Your Community profile is not new...has it been working before? Did you get a new phone?

Ensure your Data is enabled, and try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

Anonymous
Not applicable

go to your update phone software
and go to your play store update app for facebook

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

try to do reset network settings,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting HERE.

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

Changing APN Settings On Android Phones

click HERE 

make sure your DATA is on.

if you still have the issue you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.