cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Speed

Onte2many
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I find lately that my internet speed is so much slower then normal.  When looking through plan changes, there was something about it taking up to 48 hours if you switch speeds (their example was going from 3g to 4g)

Where can we get the 4g?!

24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't want to hurt anyone I am only here to help others and i have my information as i do my best I can to help others peoples,

but if other anyone not like it or is it not getting any help from me, just do read and ignore it, if you don't like it, please to everybody not posting anything to hurt others peoples or to me please,
is it not nice to hurt other for is not worth it
is not a big deals we are here is not to make big money
we are here to help everybody to the can get a help from anyone the know about any information to help ,,

i appreciate it very much everybody to help others customer

and My apologies everybody if i do something not right i'm so sorry for everyhting

i hope everything will be fine with others
be safe and be happy

Good Luck everybody

@og2 

It seems he posted a GIF of himself, too.   🙄  (EDIT: GIF now deleted...)

I've noticed several of your posts have been deleted - - might want to attempt better controls of your device.

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My apologies everybody.

My son took over my phone.

I will delete my posts.

Sorry for this!

Mark

@Anonymous wrote:

and make sure APN Settings On device 

Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

Changing APN Settings On Android Phones

click HERE 

make sure your DATA is on.

Making changes to the APN settings would not affect the internet speed.  Also, since @Onte2many is able to use the internet, data must already be enabled.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Post removed due to other poster post removal. 🙂

@og2 if this was a joke.. sorry it's a cheap joke that I don't get it.

it's HORRIBLE seeing ppl being rude to others

og2

og2

@og2 wrote:

@Anonymous please stop, your advice is horrible... let the others handle this issue. either way none of these fixes are going to help the user. this is how PM's internet is... it's not good...

@og2 

All are welcome here to put their best foot forward.   

Perhaps you might have chosen to Private Message S--S with that feedback?

Better to encourage development instead of discourage effort.

Don't get me wrong  .... if damaging or very unhelpful advice is given, there's nothing wrong with pointing out the particular incorrect information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Post removed due to other poster post removal. 🙂

og2

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Onte2many 

Select the WCDMA only for 3G speed ONLY.

(EDIT:  Bear in mind, you'd only want to do this when the LTE setting is giving you lags with Mobile Data enabled.   Generally, you should be getting superior speeds with the LTE setting enabled, but some have reported more consistent speeds with 3G in certain areas. )

Anonymous
Not applicable

you choose the right one that all you need

Suggested to you to keep this LTE/WCDMA/GSM ( auto connect ) is better to anywhere you go to getting the speed.

Good Luck

Onte2many

This is all I am seeing...but nothing seems to allow me to switch...

Screenshot_20210529-181110_Phone.jpg

Screenshot_20210529-181103_Phone.jpg

Spudster

@Onte2many 

Look on your device for "Connections"

Under there, look for Mobile connections or Mobile networks.

Under that area should be functionality to manually switch between LTE/4G to 3G.

Onte2many

Lol, my computer is a whole other issie.  I wouldn't chance loosing my pictures.   It was mentioned to switch to just 3g, I was looking through, but can't seem to find where to do that.  

@Onte2many wrote:

If I factory reset, I loose all my pictures and such, correct?

Yes, @Onte2many,  you would lose any data that is not backed up to an external drive, or a cloud based server.

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes you will lose all your pictures be careful
you have to save it to computer or if you have an iphone save to icloud

How to back up with iCloud,

1.Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.

2.Go to Settings > [your name], and tap iCloud.

3.Tap iCloud Backup.

4.Tap Back Up Now. Stay connected to your Wi-Fi network until the process completes.

what your phone model !!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Onte2many 

You can find LTE/4G speeds with Koodo.

As for 5G, check out TELUS.

See map below for TELUS coverage.   5G is slowly expanding...

5G and 4G LTE, HSPA+ & LPWA network coverage map | TELUS

Onte2many

If I factory reset, I loose all my pictures and such, correct?

Onte2many

It usually always has LTE.  I just assumed 4g would be better.  Its been so bad that I have been thinking about switching companies!

Spudster

@Onte2many wrote:

I find lately that my internet speed is so much slower then normal.  When looking through plan changes, there was something about it taking up to 48 hours if you switch speeds (their example was going from 3g to 4g)

Where can we get the 4g?!

@Onte2many 

Depending on location, try manually switching network connection from LTE to 3G.  This can affect the performance in certain areas (for better or worse).

Perhaps the 48 hours you're referring to is with new activations - they have a period of full 4G/LTE speed within the first couple of days before it gets throttled down to 3G.

The old legacy (grandfathered) plans that longer standing members still have DO have 4G/LTE speeds so even through their messaging and calling components may not be unlimited, it's made up for with the Data speeds.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i suggest try to do a reset your device to factory settings, maybe your phone has a lot you know do ccleaner.

Common Data Questions

Q: I purchased 3G, why is LTE showing in my phone’s status bar?

A: Don’t worry, this is normal! You will receive 3G speeds with the reliability of the LTE network, wherever possible

Q: Do 3G plans support tethering?A: They do! Tethering is supported in both 3G and 4G LTE plans.

Q: I just activated on a plan that includes data or changed to a plan with different data speed, when does the change take effect?

A: If you activated on a plan that includes data, it could take up to 48 hours until you experience 3G speeds. Similarly, if you change your data speed from 3G to 4G LTE or vice versa, the same delay may occur.

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and make sure APN Settings On device 

Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

Changing APN Settings On Android Phones

click HERE 

make sure your DATA is on.

Good Luck

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Onte2many 

Public mobile has 4G LTE data throttled to 3mbps.You can select 3G only in your phones settings to get between 13mbps and 20mbps depending on network traffic speeds can drop below the throttled 4G LTE speed.

Need Help? Let's chat.