cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International text.....

macjammin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On my plan it says that I have unlimited international text, but I am wondering whether this means that I can text from Canada to anywhere in the world or does it mean I can travel anywhere and text people back in Canada. I am heading to the states and wondering what are the best add ons. Help please and thanks.

42 REPLIES 42

@markevee wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

@markevee wrote:

So international text is only in your home country. It is kinda decieving and I see your issue as it is somewhat false advertising.

I would contact a moderator and complain first, you can do that at this link. If they dont give you the add on for free, you can add it as a add on "US Roaming - Unlimited Text (10-day)" for $8.

I hope this helps

@markevee, I don't think telling customer to complain in hopes of getting a free Add-on is really the best option.

Well it takes two seconds, and if no one complains, what is to stop a company from selling there service and products under false pretenses. I don't work for public mobile, and I'm just saying what i would do. 

I think @hairbag1 was just being polite. I think I can speak for most here and say that we do not believe there is any false advertising going on. Maybe you are expecting a little too much. What carrier allows you to roam outside their coverage area and send text for free? 

markevee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@hairbag1 wrote:

@markevee wrote:

So international text is only in your home country. It is kinda decieving and I see your issue as it is somewhat false advertising.

I would contact a moderator and complain first, you can do that at this link. If they dont give you the add on for free, you can add it as a add on "US Roaming - Unlimited Text (10-day)" for $8.

I hope this helps

@markevee, I don't think telling customer to complain in hopes of getting a free Add-on is really the best option.

Well it takes two seconds, and if no one complains, what is to stop a company from selling there service and products under false pretenses. I don't work for public mobile, and I'm just saying what i would do. 

@markevee wrote:

I hope this helps

International text is as it sounds, your are able to send text to anywhere in the world and receive text from anywhere in the world while in Canada. It is advertised this way and says "While in Canada", I do not see what you consider false? I do not know of any carrier in Canada that allows you to roam and send text for free! 

So I am not sure what they would be complaining about. Take a look at Bells plans....that's confusing, since when do we not consider the US international from Canada?

markevee

@Anonymous wrote:

@markevee 

You can't do anything with Public Mobile outside of Canada. The states is the only other place but you need roaming add-ons.

You can receive calls and texts from *anywhere*. You can send texts to *anywhere*.

I wouldn't call it deceiving.

Yeah it is, international texting is international texting. I think most people would interpret that as meaning you can send and recieve text internationaly. They should reword it as "international texting from Canada" as it requires that clarification. Just because all the cell phone companies do it, doesn't mean it's right. Cell providers are notorious for selling products under false pretenses.

kody420johnson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

International means worldwide national would mean just home country

Anonymous
Not applicable

@markevee 

You can't do anything with Public Mobile outside of Canada. The states is the only other place but you need roaming add-ons.

You can receive calls and texts from *anywhere*. You can send texts to *anywhere*.

I wouldn't call it deceiving.

@markevee wrote:

I hope this helps

markevee

I hope this helps

macjammin

Awesome, thanks for the speedy reply!!

🙂

macjammin

Awesome , thanks for the speedy reply!!

🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@macjammin wrote:

On my plan it says that I have unlimited international text, but I am wondering whether this means that I can text from Canada to anywhere in the world or does it mean I can travel anywhere and text people back in Canada. I am heading to the states and wondering what are the best add ons. Help please and thanks.

It means while in  Canada you can text anywhere.  For travel to the US you will need one of the US roaming addon to have service while in the US

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

The plan you have means you can send or recieve international texts...while you're in Canada. Look into PM menu for US Roaming options.

Need Help? Let's chat.