cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International text receipt failure

CLAD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am unable to receive an important text from Italy with a passcode. I have called the company but the text was sent and the problem is not from there end it seems. I was told to check my phone provider. I can't see any restrictions in my phone settings so what could be the problem? Thanks for your advice.

9 REPLIES 9

@CLAD 

This is one of the frills we give up for lower plan cost. As supplied by @RosieR  the info provided by @popping is probably your best bet. Fongo is a canadian company and one of the few that allows you to use mobile data for their services.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@CLAD you're very welcome.  Stay safe.

CLAD

OK, will look into your suggestion. Thanks for your help. Quite surprised at PM for this.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@CLAD wrote:

OK, yes. The link made mention of short codes and stuff. Lots to read. So there is no solution to this problem and will not be addressed by PM?

@CLAD nothing you can do if Public Mobile is not set up to receive international codes.  But here's a post by @popping on the thread I provided above

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/SMS-passcode-not-received-from-an-...

• "Nothing you can do if PM system is not setup to receive international short code sms.

Try install the free Fongo app with a free phone number on your phone.  IDK whether the sms will go through.  But something to try.

Look for free app with free phone number at that country similar to Fongo app in Canada.  

You can access your SMS message over Internet soted in the free VoIP app.

I setup two 2FA number to receive SMS message from my bank.  One of the number is my Fongo number for my travel.  I setup my bank to call me or send sms.  Fongo app is perfect to receive calls or sms while travel because PM does not have roaming add-on other than USA."

CLAD

OK, yes. The link made mention of short codes and stuff. Lots to read. So there is no solution to this problem and will not be addressed by PM?

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@CLAD wrote:

My number had the required +1 before it and it didn't come through.

@CLAD nothing to do with adding +1.  Public Mobile do not support international bank codes.  Didn't you read the other thread link I provided above?

CLAD

My number had the required +1 before it and it didn't come through.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CLAD As long as your phone number with 1+ in front, it should be fine.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Hi @CLAD sorry but PM will only accept short code messages within Canada (That is, registered on https://txt.ca).  There have been several threads like yours... not receiving bank codes.  PM does not support international bank codes.

Here's another thread on this issue...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/SMS-passcode-not-received-from-an-...

Need Help? Let's chat.