cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International roaming in Russia

ds4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I've recently switched to Public mobile and then I went to Russia. It seems that it doesn't work here at all, I wanted to keep my Public mobile sim on to receive texts or voicemails for the next couple of weeks. But it doesn't pick up any signal, unfortunately. 

4 REPLIES 4

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ds4   for texts you are completly out of luck* for vociemails install fongo get a canadian number and use that to access voicemail.

*  if sms are important then you need to have a friend in canada buy a simcard, do a sim swap (via moderators) and install the sim an old android phone** and install an sms to email app.  at this point you could also forward all your calls to your fongo number once the new sim is activated

** not sure of teh process setting up on iphone

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ds4  Sorry no roaming outside of US.  In fact all Tier 3 providers are like this.

Maybe you need to consider installing some VoIP app like Fongo.  You will get a Canadian number for you to call or for people in Canada to call you for free

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, PM only offers roaming in the US.  You could purchase a local sim or use Wi-Fi apps like Textnow, Skype, or Signal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ds4 : Public Mobile only works while in Canada or having roaming add-ons in the US. Nowhere else. No in. No out.

Need Help? Let's chat.