cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International SMS coming into Canada

SLcomm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

People trying to send me text messages (SMS) from Germany are getting an error message. I am using Public Mobile and I am in Canada. I thought incoming text messages from international is included in the plan. If it is not, how do I set it up?

10 REPLIES 10

SLcomm

I found out that the problem is on their end. I wish to thank everyone for the quick replies. This was all helpful information.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@SLcomm wrote:

They are trying to send me a text message. They are not calling me.

The format is the same.

SLcomm

They are trying to send me a text message. They are not calling me.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@SLcomm wrote:

It is a corporate IT department serving staff worldwide. I don't think that is the problem.

Can you confirm they are following this format.

Follow the dialing format shown above while calling Canada From Germany.

• 00 - Exit code for Germany, and is needed for making any international call from Germany
  • 1 - ISD Code or Country Code of Canada
  • Area code - There are 26 area codes in Canada. If there is an area code dial area code of the city in Canada you are calling after dialing ISD Code. If there is no area code dial the Recipient's Telephone Number after ISD Code.

How to call a mobile number in Canada from Germany:

Given below is how you call an international call to a mobile phone number in Canada from Germany

00 + 1 + xxx ??? ????

SLcomm

It is a corporate IT department serving staff worldwide. I don't think that is the problem.

@SLcomm 

It sounds like your german friend may not have it included in their plan. They are able to recieve your texts without a problem? They may need to re-enter you as a contact or enter the correct " dialing" code for calls/texts to canada. ie. Your contact may have (1) XXX-XXX-XXXX when they need (011) or whatever code that is required from germany to canada.

@SLcomm wrote:

Thank you for the quick reply. I just sent a test text message to someone from another country (Russia) and I am able to send and receive. I will ask the Germany sender to try again, although they have tried a few times already.

There could be some kind of restriction on the Germany end of things. Not a Public Mobile issue.

SLcomm

Thank you for the quick reply. I just sent a test text message to someone from another country (Russia) and I am able to send and receive. I will ask the Germany sender to try again, although they have tried a few times already.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SLcomm 

they have to check it out have plan international texting, plus the have to put it +1 before your number

both of you can do this,

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  HERE 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  HERE 

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click HERE

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting HERE.

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

for iphone  go to Settings > Messages > To turn iMessage on or off, 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is go through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your DATA is on.

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Good Luck

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@SLcomm wrote:

People trying to send me text messages (SMS) from Germany are getting an error message. I am using Public Mobile and I am in Canada. I thought incoming text messages from international is included in the plan. If it is not, how do I set it up?

Yes, all current plans are unlimited international texting. Do they have the correct number? Does their plan have international texting (to Canada)?

Need Help? Let's chat.