cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting new SIM before activating or porting

riller
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

Is there any harm in inserting new an un-activated SIM card in phone? (before activation)

I have a dual sim slot phone and will be activating soon. Wanted to insert it in the empty slot 2 while I do the activating / porting in coming day or so. Reason being I want to avoid opening small sensitive slot in phone in middle of day at work etc.

Will it cause an issue with registering SIM card if SIM card is already in phone?

I'm assuming I would just need to reboot phone once PM confirms activation etc.?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No harm in inserting SIM without activating. 

The activating procedure is described above for the best rewards and bonuses.

Reach out again if you have any questions. 

If you are new to PM, Welcome.

@riller wrote:

Thanks, that's great to know. Yes I don't expect it to work without activating (LoL) but at least I can insert it at home in clean ESD environment and then don't have to worry about inserting it in hurry only after activation registration process.

I figure since my phone SIM slot 2 is empty, might as well insert the new SIM card there while I wait to have it activated etc..   I was a bit concerned it would delay the activation process or screw things up, LoL

I'm assuming that the SIM card from yoru current carrier will be in the other SIM card slot. The reason that I mention that has to do with the fact that when you request the number port from your old carrier to Public Mobile, you'll need to respond to a text message form the old carrier to confirm that you're authorizing the transfer of the phone number.  Keep in mind thoghh that not all dual SIM card phones support HSPA or LTE in both SIM card slots at the same time. 

As for the activation of your Public Mobile SIM card, activating it with the SIM card already in the phone might make is so that you need to restart the device before the service starts working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@riller 

nothing happened to new SIM card you can inserting...

riller
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks, that's great to know. Yes I don't expect it to work without activating (LoL) but at least I can insert it at home in clean ESD environment and then don't have to worry about inserting it in hurry only after activation registration process.

I figure since my phone SIM slot 2 is empty, might as well insert the new SIM card there while I wait to have it activated etc..   I was a bit concerned it would delay the activation process or screw things up, LoL

Anonymous
Not applicable

@riller 

no issue you can try it,

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open Browser incognito mode,

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*for more information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

*important to you know

Make sure that you have the old SIM card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy..

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@riller   yes, you can do this without any issue.

and Yes, remember to reboot the phone after you have activated the account

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@riller wrote:

Hi

Is there any harm in inserting new an un-activated SIM card in phone? (before activation)

I have a dual sim slot phone and will be activating soon. Wanted to insert it in the empty slot 2 while I do the activating / porting in coming day or so. Reason being I want to avoid opening small sensitive slot in phone in middle of day at work etc.

Will it cause an issue with registering SIM card if SIM card is already in phone?

I'm assuming I would just need to reboot phone once PM confirms activation etc.?

Thanks

@riller ,

There is no harm.

Just don't expect it to work without activating it. 🙂

Yes, after activating, rebooting is recommended.

And I would also perform a Reset of your Network Settings after activation.

Need Help? Let's chat.