cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete Fido port since Nov 20

TimGj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Shazia_K

I realized I am one of the many people that seems to have a failed port from Fido. I thought it was all working, but apparently not since I can't receive texts. How can I resolve this issue? I didn't even realize until today that this was the problem. Turns out now I'm paying an extra month of Fido service, thus wasting money I thought I was not going to have to pay. So any quick help would be greatly appreciated. I'd really like to avoid using my Fido Sim to catch up on missed texts & calls so I can try to argue with them to refund my bill.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

TimGj

@Shazia_K, will my payment cycle be updated to today, assuming the port is successful? I understand that's the case other users have mentioned. I.e., will my next payment be 3 months from today as opposed to when I first tried to activate? Thanks!

TimGj

Thank you very much @Shazia_K! I hope this finally works

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @TimGj

I'm sorry about this, 

The port has been requested, please allow at least 30 minutes to 2 hours for the port to complete. You will receive a text message saying that the port has completed and then simply reboot your phone 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

TimGj

@Shazia_K My port is still incomplete. However, it's more annoying than that. Turns out I can receive texts from other Public Mobile users ONLY with my public mobile sim, but cannot receive anything from anyone else. So with my Fido sim I can receive texts from everyone EXCEPT Public Mobile members. So this makes matters so much worse.

Not only is my port not working, I have to keep switching my Sim card in order to keep up to date with calls and texts and of course miss some in between.

Please fix this soon or I'll be heading back to Fido where at least things worked and their customer service actually existed, albeit at a higher cost. I guess that's what you pay more for....

TimGj

Thanks @mimmo! Actually already got a reply from Shazia in another thread and sent a PM. Good to hear about the prorating. Thanks so much for the reassurance!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Send shazia a private message with all your porting details.  and keep using old sim.   pm will adjsut your billing cycle to when teh port is complete and fido will prorate your last bill to when the port is finalised.

hang in there

Need Help? Let's chat.