cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming international calls

Capzi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do incoming calls work?

I know with data, when you run out, youre out. you cant get changed anything extra.
How about calls? Will your phone let you make a long distance call if you dont have it in your plan?

Do incomeing calls count? Or can someone call you internationally, and you can answer for free?

7 REPLIES 7

@Luddite good insight!

When I was previously on a Canada-wide calling plan, I struck me as odd (and a waste of time) to have to listen to the "Long Distance Charges May Apply" message. But now I've opted for province-wide calling, I understand why the message is there (but it's STILL a waste of time).

Haha, thanks @srlawren! All I know, I have learned from the Oracles! Robot Very Happy

It's like that saying... "give a man a fish and he'll eat for day, teach a man to fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime"

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@daredogg wrote:

It's always free to receive international calls, provided you're somewhere in Canada (with the Canada-wide calling plan), or in your home province if you opted for the province-wide calling plan.

Hear hear--great explanation, @daredogg!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

If a calling zone is not included with your plan the call will not be completed. Sometimes a "within my province" call will give a msg "long distance charges may apply; however, if the call goes through there will no charges.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

You're welcome @Capzi! Glad to be of service.

Capzi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Perfect! That is exactly what I was hoping to hear. 
I love how the plan just doesn't let you get overages by declining the action. Sometimes with other plans you go over by accident.

Thank you!

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

It's always free to receive international calls, provided you're somewhere in Canada (with the Canada-wide calling plan), or in your home province if you opted for the province-wide calling plan.

As for making international calls, my understanding is you'll get a voice prompt from PM saying you can't complete the call because you don't have the International Calling Add-On. Beyond that, I'm not exactly sure as I haven't yet made any international calls. I'm sure there's someone else here that has actual experience with this! Robot Very Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.