cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls redirected to prevous providers voicemail

beebeemaz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched from Virgin Mobile to Public Mobile and everything is working fine except for incoming calls. Whenever I get an incoming call, it redirects callers to Virgin Mobile's voicemail and my phone never rings. I am able to receive and send texts. Could I get some help?

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

i understand, they have to contact CSA.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous 

The customer's incoming phone calls are still going to the Virgin Mobile service. No amount of changing the device's network setttings could fix that.

@computergeek541 

i know, but they are stuck with Transferring old Phone Number,

The customer has already received the text message from Virgin to authorize/confirm the porting, As long as the person can connect to the Virgin network while using the Virgin SIM card and replies to that text message, that's enough to complete number porting.

Setting to the phone to 3g with only with the Public Mobile SIM card inserted will not complete an otherwise incomplete number port. The customer does not need to connect to the Public Mobile network for the phone number to transfer to finish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous 

The customer's incoming phone calls are still going to the Virgin Mobile service. No amount of changing the device's network setttings could fix that.

@computergeek541 

i know, but they are stuck with Transferring old Phone Number,

@Anonymous wrote:

@beebeemaz 

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@beebeemaz   your port not successful.  

Did you get a text from Virgin and did you reply YES within 90 mins?

Look like you did reply the text.

there is a number you can call to confirm the Porting status.  Likely it is expired already since it is over 1 month.   (update: not 1 month old, you replied on on Sept 7)  I will message you on the Community inbox.  Call the number to confirm.  They will advise what to do next

Likely they will re-trigger the SMS but you need your Virgin SIM in a phone to receive the text

Anonymous
Not applicable

@beebeemaz 

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

beebeemaz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did respond YES to the text message on September 7th. I sent a private message to CS_Agent but it seems like that account was last active on August 5, so I wasn't sure if they would help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@beebeemaz 

do you receive SMS from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES. 

if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

Need Help? Let's chat.