cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls on the $15.00 plan

ffleifel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On the details of the $15.00 plan it has 100 minutes Canada wide and unlimited incoming calls.  When I'm checking my usage I noticed that the incoming calls are reducing my 100 minutes.  I did a test yesterday where I had 20 minutes used, I asked a friend to call me, I answered the call then hanged up.  My usage changed to 21 minutes.  Why I'm losing minutes on Incoming calls. 

Another question is that when I did the same test above the phone rang I answered and hanged up in less than 12 seconds.  The duration is showing 24 seconds.  How does that work, is the ringing time also calculated? 

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector 

Nope no glitches here. Nothing to see. Move along. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

Post 1 said unlimited incoming. It only shows that on the current $15 plan.

In these situations I always assume someone could be looking at the available plans and features on the PM home page rather than studying their plan logged into Self Serve. Thus they could have the old version of the $15 plan but be reading about the current version of it. But I am virtually certain the 100 minutes combined calling version was gone by June 2019. Still somehow maybe one could inadvertently land on the old version of the plan through some sort of glitch...not that a glitch has ever happened here before but there is a first for everything!

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ffleifel wrote:

In fact I checked all, and when I did the test the overview minutes changed from 20 to 21

To confirm whether you have the current $15 plan

Login to your self-serve account. Click on the Plan Details link

If your plan details page is shown as follows, you have the current $15 plan with unlimited incoming minutes.

• This plan includes: -
  • - 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed
  • - Unlimited International Text

If you confirmed that you $15 plan does not have the unlimited incoming minutes, schedule plan change to the current $15 plan on your next renewal day.

PM plans are prepaid plan.  Therefore, there is no refund of the unused days of the current billing cycle if you change your plan now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Post 1 said unlimited incoming. It only shows that on the current $15 plan.

@ffleifel 

If you activated this plan just last month (?) or August LAST year (?) you should be on the proper unlimited incoming & 100 minutes of outgoing plan. The 100 minutes in and out combined plan was only around for 1-2 months in the April-May 2019 time frame. I dont think it possibly could have still been available in August 2019. I think the moderators will have to check this for you.

AE_Collector

ffleifel

In fact I checked all, and when I did the test the overview minutes changed from 20 to 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ffleifel wrote:

On the details of the $15.00 plan it has 100 minutes Canada wide and unlimited incoming calls.  When I'm checking my usage I noticed that the incoming calls are reducing my 100 minutes.  I did a test yesterday where I had 20 minutes used, I asked a friend to call me, I answered the call then hanged up.  My usage changed to 21 minutes.  Why I'm losing minutes on Incoming calls. 

Another question is that when I did the same test above the phone rang I answered and hanged up in less than 12 seconds.  The duration is showing 24 seconds.  How does that work, is the ringing time also calculated? 

Are you talking about the call details in your phone? Or the usage details in the self-serve??

The front page overview page minutes counter should be the one to compare to. There's too much extraneous information in the details area.

Yes, that's correct

If Simon won't let you fine ticket direct message to mods is here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Watch out for the new private message (envelope in top right area here I community) you should also get email notifications for response but to read it you will need to come back here.

You should have new plan if you got it in August

ffleifel

Thank you for the clarification.  I got this plan at the beginning of August.

Do you mean Chat with Simon, if that's what you're saying where is the question mark

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@ffleifel 

If you are on old plan you will have to switch.

When did you get that plan? If you can find out the date from payment history you could figure it out. You should schedule the change in that case

If you are not on the old plan, then you have to contact moderators https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ffleifel the ringtime is counted. And if you are on the new plan. It shouldn't count. Your plan maynot have provisioned properly.  Contact the moderators and ask them to fix it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ffleifel There was an old plan without incoming. Try doing a future set plan change to the $15 plan. If site allows it, you're on the old plan. If on correct plan, open a ticket by opening the question mark chat window. Ring time goes into total call time.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ffleifel wrote:

@ffleifel   If you check your voicemail messages then that will use up outgoing calls, you can opt to check using another phone to avoid using your mins. All calls are rounded up to the nearest mins and yes the ring time is included for calls that connect.

However, you shouldn't see incoming calls affecting your available outgoing calls, I have the same plan and have never seen that. 

Need Help? Let's chat.