cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls not working

Edward106
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I set up my new account one day ago on my Galaxy S8. Outgoing calls work fine, but incoming calls go straight to voice-mail. Has anyone else had this issue or found a solution?

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Edward106 : I'm confused. Are you coming? Or going? I see you're the originator of this thread and that the moderators seemed to have got you going for being here. Now you selected the solution indicating going. What are you doing?

Edward106

Thank you, I have submitted a moderator request 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Edward106 : If you're transferring out then the new provider are the ones to help you.

@Edward106 

Transferring Your Public Mobile Number To Another Service Provider

To help protect our customers from fraud, Public Mobile will send you an SMS text message should we receive a request to transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier. This step is designed to protect your account by confirming if the request is genuine or fraudulent.

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link. This will put you in touch with our moderator team who will be able to assist you.

We hope that you found this helpful! Feel free to visit this Help Article for more information. 

- The Public Mobile Team

Edward106

Is there any way to restarting the porting process online? It seems as if the request to transfer my number did not go through, yet my public mobile account still exists

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@softech  

thanks for your continuous help on the Community

Yes, everything has been resolved I have customer confirmation

@CS_Agent  OP already confirmed with you that it is working now?   

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Edited by moderator *****

@Edward106...as suggested by @esjliv ...

stuff the old sim back in the phone and use it until it quits. Once the port is successful, the old sim will stop working and you can then put the PM sim to work.

Good luck.

@Edward106 if you are porting you number into PM, it is possible that it is not ported successfully as mentioned above.

If you picked new number and no porting  request,  then try to  change your network to 3G only and see if that resolves the issue.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Edward106 wrote:

I set up my new account one day ago on my Galaxy S8. Outgoing calls work fine, but incoming calls go straight to voice-mail. Has anyone else had this issue or found a solution?

Hello @Edward106 

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If this was a cell phone port or a new phone number activation, then contact the Moderators has previously provide methods or call the Porting Team phone number, which I will private message you the phone number (which is only for PORTING ISSUES ONLY).

Doomsday
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have never had this issue

Try rebooting the phone.

Re-seat the sim card.

Checked for blocked numbers.

If all fails, contact a moderator:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles?category=customer-support&subcategory=contact-a-...

Good luck

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you do try reseat the SIM card

1.power off your device

2.take out the SIM card,

3.wipe it clean SIM card,

4.put it back and power on,

5.toggling airplane mode off/on,  

it happened sometime you know, A normal reboot without reset, didn't work. At least try it,

only work after reseating the SIM card.

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit HERE 

or HERE 

for android visit HERE ,

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on.

if you still not working you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.