cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls go straight to Voicemail of old carrier

anpanman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just ported my number online from Rogers to Public Mobile.  I can receive/sent text message and receive calls from ppl but when ppl call me it goes straight to my "old carrier Rogers" voice mail.

Should I pm a Public Mobile moderator?

@Shazia_K I just send you a message.

16 REPLIES 16
Moved:

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Moved your new issue to a new thread (and in the right area--Getting Started) for better visibility.

@Larsinthepeg wrote:

Add me to the list. Can't receive calls but I can dial out and receive texts?

2nd day and still same problem

You need to write a message to the moderator if your number cam from your last a cell phone..here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days. They will help you.

If your number was from a landline...patience it can take up to 7 days to port a number.

Larsinthepeg

Add me to the list. Can't receive calls but I can dial out and receive texts?

2nd day and still same problem

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tcoop I'd start your own thread explaining your issue in detail 

cnguyen1994
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That is good to hear

Tcoop
Same thing here. 12 days with no calls and texts, but the mod assured me that the port was successful. If no calls and no text means success, I don't know what cellular service is anymore.

mohammedessam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@clequesne

You will need to contact one of the mods to complete the port, it looks like the port is stuck somewhere and only the mods can complete it.

clequesne

I'm having the same issue. Been 3 days now and calls are still going to my old voicemail. EVerything else is working though. I can receive/send texts, data works, and outgoing calls work, just not incoming. Anyone have a fix for this?

MonkOnAToilet
I'm in tje same boat as above, data and text works as well as outgoing calls. But can't receive incoming calls. And no response from PM in 3 days.

Disappointed

Don't worry!!!  You are not alone. Many customers are currently regretting by choosing this poorly organized promo. 

Bart
I have a same issue and it has been several days of me emailing and trying to reach PM, still no response. I'm starting to regret coming over to PM

joetinoco

I have this exact same issue, though I'm coming from WIND. However, it's been three days now and I still cannot receive any calls. I called WIND and they confirmed my account is still active and the portability won't be completed until Public Mobile does their part and requests WIND to let go of the account.

I sent a support request email but it has not been answered in 48 hours as promised. I'm starting to get worried it was not a good choice moving to Public Mobile...

Help, @Shazia_K 

anpanman

Ya @computergeek541 you are right. Around 2.5 hrs the porting was complete. Ppl calling me are no longer going straight to my old voice mail. I even got a text message stating my port is complete. Whew smooth sailing. I read stories in the forum stating the hassle of not having complete ports. It looks like it just need some patience and faith in Public Mobile. Awesome stuff, officially a 4gb customer. Thanks. 

This is all perfectly normal.  Incoming calls and texts will go to your old carrier until porting is complete.  The time standard for porting of a phone number from one wireless carrier to another in Canada is for it to be completed within 2.5 "business hours".  At this point in time, there really is no reason to think anything has gone wrong (unless the porting requests was made hours before you posted this topic).

https://www.cwta.ca/for-consumers/wireless-number-portability/#9

PeterH

Porting can take couple of hours, have you tried rebooting the phone? I had an issue calling out and that did the trick.

KirkK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@anpanman:  Confused because you say you can receive calls from people but when people call it goes straight to voice-mail.  So... you can't receive calls from people at Public Mobile?

It sounds like your Rogers number port is not yet complete.  It may simply take a bit more time, but the moderators can help if it doesn't resolve itself.

Need Help? Let's chat.