cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls and texts

station1104
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am not able to receive incoming calls or text messages. I am getting outgoing calls and texts. I have not changed my plan or activated a number recently.

16 REPLIES 16

@divinenb1  it might work when you put it back in your primary phone now..  reply with good news

@divinenb1 wrote:

I did what you suggested in a further post, to swap the SIM between phones, which for some reason worked for me.

Now switch them back to see if they still work. Sometimes, if it's bad SIM connection in the phone, reseating the card would solve the problem.

divinenb1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did what you suggested in a further post, to swap the SIM between phones, which for some reason worked for me.

davidk19

Just ran a system update and it has resolved the issue for me. Phone is a Samsung S9+, I would recommend those having issues see if they have any updates available

@divinenb1 wrote:

Just to confirm, I'm also getting this issue on iPhoneX. However, our daughter on iPhone SE, also on Public Mobile, isn't.

Are you both living at the same place?

What happens if you switch the SIM between your phones?

davidk19

No luck, I am in touch with customer support and will update if I get a solution. 

DisneyKim

Same Issue here in Amherst, but my husbands phone is fine.

@davidk19 wrote:

Having the same issue in Halifax, NS. Can call/msg outgoing but not receiving incoming texts and all incoming calls are going directly to vm. Began as of this morning.

Can you try settting the network type to 3g only?  This might help if there's an outage of LTE.

davidk19

Having the same issue in Halifax, NS. Can call/msg outgoing but not receiving incoming texts and all incoming calls are going directly to vm. Began as of this morning.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@station1104  do you have a secondary phone you can try your SIM on? Maybe your daughter's phone?

Try to first power off both phones.  The remove the SIM and put it on the secondary phone and power it up. See if incoming calls and texts work.  If so, power down the phone with the SIM still there.  Then move the SIM back to your primary phone and see if it works

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@divinenb1 

Welcome to the Public Mobile Community!  🙂

Strange!  Does this happen everywhere, or only at a certain location (eg. at home)?  You can try going outside or to a different part of the city in case there's a signal/outage where you are.  For example, there's an outage listed in White Rock right now (not sure where you are).

https://www.telus.com/en/outages

Alternatively, what if you dial 611 - what does it say?  You can also log into your Self Serve account and make sure your Account is still ACTIVE.  Sometimes Autopay/etc will glitch and accounts stay suspended due to "non payment."  If this is the case, make sure there are enough funds, either via voucher or one-time topup.  If the balance is good, still manually add $1 to see if you can reactive your account.

Let us know how it goes! 

divinenb1

Just to confirm, I'm also getting this issue on iPhoneX. However, our daughter on iPhone SE, also on Public Mobile, isn't.

Resetting network settings didn't fix the issue.

FWIW, things were fine last night.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Usually resetting network settings or rebooting your phone (turning on/off or even switching airplane mode on/off) will help.

Let us know when and how your issue got resolved.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try shutting down your phone then remove your sim.   Put your sim back and reboot your phone.

Also try putting your phone in airplane mode and then try putting back to active.

station1104
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have tried rebooting my phone. Straight power off and back on and also a restart. I have not tried resetting the network.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@station1104 wrote:

I am not able to receive incoming calls or text messages. I am getting outgoing calls and texts. I have not changed my plan or activated a number recently.

Can you try resetting your network settings and then reboot your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.