cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound SMS and phone not working

larsbryan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been with Public for about a year and never had an issue before.

I'm able to send SMS messages, but not receive them, nor phone calls. It's not just notifications that are missing, but the texts themselves do not appear. I have another phone number that I've been testing with.

I've tried resetting the cache and storage on my phone, restarting it, reinstalling updates to the messages app, taking out the SIM, and putting it back in, etc.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do, or if there's something that can be done on the Public side.

Lars

5 REPLIES 5

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@larsbryan if your account just renewed, that could be the likely cause. auto-pay probably glitched out. you probably lost services for a bit and then auto-pay ended up working and tried to restore your services, but failed to provision the account correctly

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@larsbryan 

You can call out and send SMS.  But cannot received them.

Is your phone set to "do not disturb"?

Your account may not be provisioned correctly.  Add $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provision your account.  If this failed,create a support ticket to ask moderator to look into your account.

@larsbryan 

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Go here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

• Alternatively if SIMon is not working for you, send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

larsbryan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, these four digits match between the physical sim card and the one listed in the account information.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Check the last 4 digits of the sim card in your phone and see if they match the last 4 on your account.

Click "change sim card"

Green arrow 

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

Does the numbers match your physical sim card?

Need Help? Let's chat.