cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of allowing account to go into suspended status vs lost/stolen function

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi all,

I'd like to ask the masses their views [learned or otherwise] on the impact of allowing one's account to go into suspended status and/or using the lost/stolen function.  This question presumes that one will reactivate or remove the lost/stolen function within the required time-frame so as not to have the account completely close.

Specifically, is there a recent knowledge article or first-hand experience of the impact this will have on the plan type [i.e. if grandfathered plan], the existing add-on's, bonus add-on's, other gifts, any rewards accumulation or retention during the period of inactivity.

I realize this is a wide-open question so all takers welcome.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS wrote:

Hi all,

I'd like to ask the masses their views [learned or otherwise] on the impact of allowing one's account to go into suspended status and/or using the lost/stolen function.  This question presumes that one will reactivate or remove the lost/stolen function within the required time-frame so as not to have the account completely close.

Specifically, is there a recent knowledge article or first-hand experience of the impact this will have on the plan type [i.e. if grandfathered plan], the existing add-on's, bonus add-on's, other gifts, any rewards accumulation or retention during the period of inactivity.

I realize this is a wide-open question so all takers welcome.

Thank you.

@HALIMACS , I think you are asking good questions, maybe a little "loaded or hard to identify exactly", but let me see if I am capturing them...such as:

1. Is using the Lost/Stolen feature "the same" as letting your account go into Suspended status automatically from non-payment.
  2. Which would be the better option to choose, if you had a choice (meaning your phone actually was not lost/stolen, but you wanted to suspend your account).

1. What happens to Loyalty Rewards? (@Dunkman touches on this one).
    1. Using Lost/Stolen features, as opposed to
    2. Letting account go into Suspended status from non-payment
  2. What happens to the $1 referral code reward (from the other person's account) that referred you?
      1. I believe in both i and ii above, the person stops getting the $1 reward until your PM account becomes active again. No personal experience here, but from what I read from past posts.
  3. What happens to the $1 referral code reward in your OWN account of people that you referred.
      1. I believe in both i and ii above, you stop getting the $1 reward until your PM account becomes active again. No personal experience here, but from what I read from past posts.
  4. What happens to the Bonus Promos on your account. 
      1. I believe that would be Promo OR PLAN specific and is likely buried in the Terms and Conditions of each Promo OR PLAN that would be on your account. Sorry, not a great answer, but that is what I believe it to be.
  5. What happens to the Gift Promos on your account. 
      1. I would say these stay on your account and can be used again once the account becomes active again.

FYI - My post is based on the help articles and other past posts I have read; sorry, not from "learned" experience; which others may have more concrete info. if they have gone through it.

For Loyalty rewards, 

If your account is in a suspended state for more than 60 days in a year, your Loyalty Reward will be delayed by the number of days your account was suspended.

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Using the lost/stolen function will not keep your plan from expiring; however, it will ensure that your credit card is not charged at your next renewal date if you’re on AutoPay.

Note that after 90 days in suspend, your account will be deactivated permanently so be sure to return to this page if you find your phone or decide to get a new SIM card

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS Lost/stolen can make you lose rewards fior the next renewal. It can also change your loyalty date.  Some promo pages said that promos will get removed if account gets suspended.

Need Help? Let's chat.