cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im waiting for my old number to be transfer they told me my line supposed to be working but its not

Jiggy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I call the tranfert number  help line and they told me its not their problem Dot know what to do then

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jiggy wrote:

sadly I already destroy the old card....

@Jiggy 

you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  

and Explain your issue they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link.
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

@Jiggy 

Check and see if your old account is still active. If so then you have to renitiate your port request and call your old service provider, verify you are the account holder and verbally authorize the port.

@Jiggy 

We need some more info to understand your issue...

1. You activated a pm sim card and put it in your phone? Did you reboot ?
  2. Do you have services? Calling? Texting? Data?
  3. Did you port your number in upon activation? Or choose a new one?
  4. If you ported did you reply YES to the the PAT (porting authorization text)?
  5. Can you access your self serve account?

@Jiggy 

More details would be helpful.

When did you port your number?

Which company did you port from?  Was the account active?  

What happened when you put in your PM SiM card in phone?  Any signal?  

Jiggy

sadly I already destroy the old card....

Jiggy

thanks I try everything you said I got this when looking for my imei # Your device HAS NOT been reported lost or stolen and is not currently on the national blacklist.

My old number was use on a ip phone line before trying to merge to public mobile  nothing you ask me to work still got the same problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jiggy 

do you receive message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

and if you don't receive it yet put it back your old SIM card and do rebooting your phone 

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jiggy wrote:

I call the tranfert number  help line and they told me its not their problem Dot know what to do then

Hello @Jiggy 

What exactly are the issues you are experiencing? 

Do you have any services at all?

You ported a number to Public Mobile...was your previous provider's account still ACTIVE when you ported, this is important that it is.

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If you missed the text to approve the port, see here:

Link to contact Customer Support Agents (CSA) for porting to Public Mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jiggy 

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

In order to transfer a phone number over to Public Mobile - you will need to activate an account with a temporary phone number and after that your contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, for the transfer your number to Public Mobile,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

Need Help? Let's chat.