cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im unable to accept collect calls from jail

Worl02
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I do not know why I am unable to accept calls from telemate because it worked before back in February when I was calling from telemate the phone calls always went through but my brother's phone calls can't go through why is that

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Worl02 wrote:

I was with this provider during that time & my dad was able to accept my collect calls I'm thinking it's due to him being in a different province.

Thank you for all the suggestions I appreciate it 

Sounds like your Dad was on a postpaid service that could take a collect call. Collect is all about the receiver...not province.

Worl02

I was with this provider during that time that's how I mean by before 

Worl02

Worl02

I was with this provider during that time & my dad was able to accept my collect calls I'm thinking it's due to him being in a different province.

Thank you for all the suggestions I appreciate it 

https://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/family/003004-0004-en.shtml#_Paying_for_phone

@Worl02 

Additionally here's how to add money to a calling card for your brother to use through corrections Canada. Hopefully one of these will work for you.

https://www.call2talk.ca/jail/?cat=Kamloops+Regional+Correctional+Centre&submit=Search

@Worl02 

Depending where your brother is calling from this service may be able to help you....click on the above link. You can search different correctional centres in Canada to see if they have a service agreement. Unfortunately most provincial ones in bc are not covered.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Worl02 isnt there a way to put money on your brothers prison pin code instead? So when one calls you it's no longer a collect call? Stay safe. 

@Staliger wrote:

@Worl02 Did you try rebooting your phone/using fly mode, or use the sim in another phone to test whether or not the issue is with phone or sim card?

"Collect" billed calls won't work at PM as there's no way for PM to bill the call accept-er. Rebooting a phone won't solve anything. OP would need a different service provider that has post billing capability..

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Worl02 Did you try rebooting your phone/using fly mode, or use the sim in another phone to test whether or not the issue is with phone or sim card?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Worl02 wrote:

I do not know why I am unable to accept calls from telemate because it worked before back in February when I was calling from telemate the phone calls always went through but my brother's phone calls can't go through why is that

"before" what? Were you with a different provider?

This is a prepaid service. It doesn't have a method of doing one-off charges.

Need Help? Let's chat.