cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If/When they shut PM down, Make sure Koodo or Telus does not profit to send them a message!

ekcs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As far as these companies are concerned, your wallets are the only thing that matter. When you absolutely must go by either force or choice, remember what parent company TELUS did to decimate this once great company and our still great yet likely diminishing community when you make future wireless purchases. Something I wanted to pull from a reply of mine from another post and make front and center:

"We can almost garuantee that killing PM perhaps with a 90 day notice is what their lawyers are planning next.

Until Dave or one of PM's people comes out to clarify his ominous ambiguity about things coming to an end, the community should take that as a signal that we PM users as a whole are seen as deadbeat bums to be dealt with in what is likely the very near future.

Everyone should start looking at FM, Bell, and Rogers and call up their retention/ customer service reps to see if they would be interested in providing a deal to bring new customers on board. I'm sure they are aware of the debacle over at PM that Telus caused and would be happy to profit.

If Dave didn't start signaling in their apology that they will can us at a later date I may not be here suggesting the above, but due to the signaling I deem his message as more of a get off my lawn signal from Telus and therefore not sincere.

As consumers, I believe our best choice is to ensure that Telus/ Koodo does not benefit from us leaving PM, whether voluntarily due to disgust or by force at a later, more thought out, complaint proof method."

7 REPLIES 7

DavidNS
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm looking at switching too.  I liked PM because I like that I don't have to pay for a call centre (I think I've called a mobile phone company for a non-sales related matter twice in the 4 years before switching to PM) and I am willing to trade the instant customer service for better pricing.

Still, there are other offers I am considering and I'm thinking of calling other providers to see if I can bundle services too and get a net savings.  If I can't I'm going to ride the PM wave until they close PM or a competitor offers a promo.

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ekcswrote:

As far as these companies are concerned, your wallets are the only thing that matter. When you absolutely must go by either force or choice, remember what parent company TELUS did to decimate this once great company and our still great yet likely diminishing community when you make future wireless purchases. Something I wanted to pull from a reply of mine from another post and make front and center:

"We can almost garuantee that killing PM perhaps with a 90 day notice is what their lawyers are planning next.

Until Dave or one of PM's people comes out to clarify his ominous ambiguity about things coming to an end, the community should take that as a signal that we PM users as a whole are seen as deadbeat bums to be dealt with in what is likely the very near future.

Everyone should start looking at FM, Bell, and Rogers and call up their retention/ customer service reps to see if they would be interested in providing a deal to bring new customers on board. I'm sure they are aware of the debacle over at PM that Telus caused and would be happy to profit.

If Dave didn't start signaling in their apology that they will can us at a later date I may not be here suggesting the above, but due to the signaling I deem his message as more of a get off my lawn signal from Telus and therefore not sincere.

As consumers, I believe our best choice is to ensure that Telus/ Koodo does not benefit from us leaving PM, whether voluntarily due to disgust or by force at a later, more thought out, complaint proof method."

Amen to that! I just switched my $140/month Telus tv/internet/phone package to their competitor, and I'm saving money to boot!

Perhaps the Table needs to be Polished

Perhaps it's Time to CLEAN HOUSE

Total Spring CLEANING

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I respect your decision, and there are several others probably think the same. But there are many others including me who are not on that 4GB $40 plan. Yes, we are also not happy about that almost a success price increase decision. And honestly, some of us just don't want to leave this great community. I hope PM respect us with the work we put in and fully commit to customer first approach.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

It's been said before:

While I do share your sentiment and am all for a wallet first approach, for some of us the options are quite limited. Coverage and service quality (and often the according pricing... Freedom, Lucky and ChatR all offer their competitive pricing only in a few selected areas / zones - you're punished for living outside of them.) and credit history (all post paid plans require a credit check) being major factors.

ekcs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh I hear you. Don't leave now. More of a consideration for next steps after PM determines their new move. But you know we're getting the can sooner or later. And at that stage you can run your best price analysis again. All things being equal i'd go with non Telus, and I'd be surprised the other guys won't match any closeout deals if you book it over with all your referrals in tow.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry, doesn't work for me. Best price is my guiding light. ☀️

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.