cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I port my number off of Public Mobile, do I still get to keep using my plan?

kchow91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Reading the forum PM doesn't do refunds so what I am wondering is if I port my number from PM. Can I get a different number on PM for the remainder of my prepaid period? I am on a 3 month plan that just renewed and I am considering switching providers but I don't want to be out my months money as well. Anyone have experience in this?

6 REPLIES 6

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@kchow91 wrote:

Reading the forum PM doesn't do refunds so what I am wondering is if I port my number from PM. Can I get a different number on PM for the remainder of my prepaid period? I am on a 3 month plan that just renewed and I am considering switching providers but I don't want to be out my months money as well. Anyone have experience in this?

Hi @kchow91 as already posted above, once you ported out your number, your account will be closed.  You cannot get a different number for the remainder of your prepaid account as your account is closed.  

As you are just considering switching providers, you can wait to switch providers close to the end of your plan.

or, if the new provider is offering a much better deal, you can weigh the pros and cons of switching now or later.  As Public Mobile is prepaid, there is no refund, and therefore if you switch now you will be out by the amount you paid for your 3 month plan.  Well, would it be worth it?

Best wishes

RosieR

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@kchow91 

You could always activate at the new provider with a new number and then once your Public Mobile service is nearing end of cycle,  request your new provider Port that number over to them. 

Once the port is completed - the Public Mobile account will be permanently deactivated.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

no,  once you ported out the number, the account got closed.  

This is same with any provider.

Unless you are on the old 90 days plan.  if you are on the 30 days, plan, your most lost would be one month of service.  If you can delay a bit  with the new activation on the other provider, maybe one week or two , maybe you can save a bit that way... 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@kchow91 wrote:

No, The account closes forever when you port out. A new number can't be used.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@kchow91 wrote:

@kchow91   Sorry once you port out your number from PM your account will be deactivated. Remember to remove any payment card you have set up in your account before porting out.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@kchow91 wrote:

If you port your number out of PM, your account will be closed automatically. No refunds.

76B74527-5746-4221-9EC8-BB7EA665A74D.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.