cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I buy a new SIM card will it expire if not activated in a few months

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If I bought a new SIM card but never activated it for 6mo the or more will it still be good? I know some companies they expire after a short time of not activated?  I was thinking to order a bunch to help friends get set up quicker so they don’t have to wait for the new sim to arrive. I live in a remote area and it takes weeks to get here. Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

SIM cards DO NOT have an EXPIRY date.

I've previously activated one for their competition that was 5+ years old; I had to cut it down to size for the new phone.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

No sim card don't have any expiry date on them. You can activate one even if you have one sitting from a few years old as long its not damaged. You can use it for activation anytime.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

If I bought a new SIM card but never activated it for 6mo the or more will it still be good? I know some companies they expire after a short time of not activated?  I was thinking to order a bunch to help friends get set up quicker so they don’t have to wait for the new sim to arrive. I live in a remote area and it takes weeks to get here. Thanks 

Like everyone else said, it won't expire.  I do not  think Public Mobile keeps track of which ones were sold.  Stores will even put new ones on top of old ones.  If someone buys one, they can't just make them expire unless that want to refund or replace.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

They don't expire. Wonder how the reception is up in the mountains 😂

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

While I don't know the timeline of it, there have been users who have posted that their non-activated SIM was no longer valid when they went to use it. With that said, I don't believe they expire. It's quite likely those users had previously activated it and simply forgot.

Need Help? Let's chat.