cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISSUE: Can receive personal texts but no automated SMS from certain businesses.

Mustard13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ISSUE: since switching to Public Mobile, I can't receive automated texts from Questrade or Sunlife (which I need to enter their sites).

I find this odd and I simply don't understand how this is possible (unless its being picked up as spam by PM/Telus?). I switched from Virgin to Public Mobile yesterday and have not been able to get into my bank accounts via SMS since then.

I can receive texts from my wife (public mobile), my in-law (non public mobile) and EQbank but I can no longer receive automated texts messages from Questrade or Sunlife. Its as if they are being filtered out since I switched yesterday. I am able to get Questrade to call me via voice to give me my access code. 

Any tips? Hints?  I'm seriously confused as to how this could be happening. I have no 3rd party apps, using a Galaxy S9 using the built-in messenger, no other changes other than switching from Virgin to PM. 

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

@Mustard13 

Shortcode texts for 2FA often take up to 72 hours to work for security reasons. Apparently Sunlife and Questrade extend it to a week as you discovered. You can change or just remove your solution choice by editing your original post by clicking the 3 dots at the top right corner of your post.

Is frowned upon to choose your own post as a solution. If you do not feel any other reply answered your question then leave it unsolved and an oracle will come along and assign a solution. If they feel a self solution is warranted they will then choose yours and explain their reasoning.

Mustard13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for this reply; I truly appreciate it. Letting time time pass by did fix the issue. (It took a week). I was going to mark this as the solution but I accidentally clicked the other post instead. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mustard13 , I wonder if it could be an area code/prefix thing.  My google voice number will only work via phone call from my broker.  I have no issues with the actual phone number.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone is will working,

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and chek it out your APN settings Click HERE 

Re Android:

1. Select Settings.
  2. Then Mobile Networks (if your device is running Android Lollipop, you will need to choose More Networks, then Mobile Networks)
  3. Then Network Operators.
  4. Choose the Public Mobile network.

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is go through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

if you still not working you have to do a factory reset to your phone,

Good Luck

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Mustard13  

Some business SMS takes couple days to "learn" your  new home for your phone number.  It is both a system issue  and some purposely have the delay for security reason.   This is normal and things is settle in couple days, within a week.

Need Help? Let's chat.