cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS IT POSSIBLE TO TRANSFER A PHONE

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

IS IT POSSIBLE TO TRANSFER A PHONE NUMBER FROM A SIM TO A NEW SIM WITH NEW CLIENT, BUT THEN I WOULD NEED A NEW NUMBER----THE REASON BEING I WANT TO KEEP 1 YEAR LOYALTY DEDUCTION OF 1 DOLLAR PER MONTH AND NEW CLIENT NEEDS THE NUMBER ALREADY IN USE

THANKS

7 REPLIES 7

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

i take the 2 lunches then worry about the referals===lol----

great answer bud

it was a long shot from my part

Keep the account active while porting the number out ... nope.

Not at Public Mobile. Not at any Canadian operator.

Public Mobile used to sometimes accommodate these requests - years ago, certain staff were able go beyond normal technical/account protocols - especially when shifting numbers between Public, Koodo, Telus accounts - but they deliberately don't and won't make that effort anymore. Apparently Telus issued a directive which put a stop to this.

I read the original post again, it was only 1 year loyalty of $1 per month.  True, one or two lunch will probably be even out

@dboxtvinfo715 

@hTideGnow 

Remember that you don’t have to give your phone to the the person getting that phone number, just the SIM card. You may be best to have the person buy you lunch and call it even. Depending how well you know that person, if they were inclined to do any referring once they are on public Mobile they may be willing to use YOUR new referral code for a referral thus giving you back the referral they inherited from you. You also need a referral code if starting up a new account. That could mean they owe you TWO referrals (lunches) or maybe you have someone closer to you to give the new referral to.

AE_Collector

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

No.  Can't transfer a PM account

The best you can do, change email address 

Then update the Name information

Then update the credit card.

But, if your purpose is that you can keep the loyalty while the new client get the phone number, I don't think there is any trick or workaround

^^ 😂😂😂

@dboxtvinfo715 no, this is not allowed.  

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop yelling.

No.

Need Help? Let's chat.