Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone or Android?

Danoishan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

15 REPLIES 15

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawrenHaha, yes, you're correct. A BlackBerry Mobile device running BlackBerry's Android release.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Wow, @jeffster1970, it sounds like you need to hang on to your phones better!  LOL.  Sorry just joking around.  I'm glad (and slightly surprised) that the iPhones are so durable for you.  You could also consider a case, especially something rugged [and unfortunately bulky] like an Otter Box if you are really hard on your devices, or even a simple TPU case that has a slight lip around the screen will help a LOT.  Or if you ever do want to come back to Android, you could try something like the "Active" variants of the Samsung flagships, that are mant to be more rugged.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'll be the exception here and say Apple.  I was on Apple originally, used the phone until it was pretty much undated.  That phone was dropped, thrown, everything, never stopped working. Nor any cracks on screen. (I had come to Apple from BlackBerry and feature/dumb phones before that)  My first Android was a Nexus 4, screen crack, as did the back, got it fixed, screen cracked again, so I got a Samsung S3. Bonus was expandable memory over the Nexus, but too much bloatwear. Screen cracked, had it replaced, LCD cracked (not screen) so I got an Moto X Play screen shattered on bottom corner (drop of 2 feet) so I got a Huawei (can't recall model number) and it dropped into the water, the insurance (through Freedom) couldn't get me a replacement so they sent me a cheque for $350. Repaired Nexus 4 one last time, and screen cracked randomly about 2 months later. So I booted up on S3 (the ex's) which also had a cracked screen, but otherwise functional. Ended up buying an iPhone SE. 

I do get the frustration of the way it downloads music and video's (like, you can't download off of the web and expect iTunes to open and store it), but the phone is solidly built. Already dropped about 4 times, face first a couple times, no scratches, not cracks. Just like the first iPhone I had, it's simply more resilient. Plus with AppleCare, they actually can replace the phone if you toast it. ( I recall $29 for cracked screen, $99 if the phone is damaged beyond repair ).  

I still slightly prefer Android, if it is stock for sure, and I loved the Huawei phone that I had (my favourite by far), however, I need a phone that can be backed up more seamlessly, replaced easily, and Apple simply does a better job at this. I had bought a refurb iPhone 5S (as I was still with Freedom and that phone works with Freedom) to see if I would like Apple. That phone got dropped a few times without damage, other than a small dent in the metal. So I upgraded to an SE with more memory. I set up the phone, and within an hour or so, everything that was on my old iPhone was on the new.  This wouldn't happen with Android, not to the same extent anyway. 

Just my 7 cents worth.  I realize that there are a lot of Apple haters out there. But since I already own an iPad and MacBook, might as well as finish it off with a decent iPhone. 

Oddly, I wear a Moto 360 watch. Works really well with the iPhone. I tried using the iWatch or whatever they're call, and simply didn't understand it while playing with it. The Google Wear though, it's awesome. 

srlawren
@IWIK wrote:
BlackBerry powered Android for me.

@IWIK I think technically it would be an "Android-powered BlackBerry Mobile smartphone device"?  🙂

@will13am wrote:

In this offer of preference, Android, flip phone, no phone, iPhone.

@will13am ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ yes.  this.  900%.  Well done.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Different strokes for different folks.  If you don't need tons of flexibility and customization, iPhone is just fine.  I've used both over the years, currently using Android, but I'm perfectly willing to consider an iPhone either.

Agreed. I meant to say you can download songs and all stuff right off browser but IPhone you can you need itune to load songs video and stuff. Off course you can add song on iPhone but but via itune.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@Samianauman although I support your statement of Android, you can do all those things on an iPhone also.  You just do it via different methods.

I've used both platforms, and while centralized iTunes environment on Apple is great for some people, it doesn't work for me.

Don't claim falsehoods about devices that simply are not true.

mimmo

it also depends your home environment, ipad, imac, icloud....if everything else is apple then iphone, but...since you are asking that is probably not the case.  personally android,  but you apple users would say go apple.  the choice is yours.   seee if you have a friend with an old android or iphone that you can test out...

btw what are you currently using?

IWIK
BlackBerry powered Android for me.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

In this order of preference, Android, flip phone, no phone, iPhone.

Best do some research; for example http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/feature/google-android/android-vs-iphone-which-is-best-3625657/

Will this be your first smartphone? 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Nsk143
Android for sure

For sure android. You can't do much with iPhone any ways. Android more like open world and you can do soo muxh with it 100% android.
IPhone you can't even change custom ringtone or download songs or movies and lots of other stuff
And android its on your finger tip.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Android all the way

neatooo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
android
Need Help? Let's chat.