cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INFORMATION: iPhone 6 plus to iPhone 8 plus "SIM card Change"

parousia52
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There is no problem when I switched SIM card (for PB) from iPhone 6 plus into iPhone 8 plus.

SIM card size is same. And it immediately works in new device! Feel safe about this!

10 REPLIES 10

parousia52

There are three/four different sized sim-cards. (Currently, nano sim is preferred most.)

http://www.ubergizmo.com/what-is/sim-card/

@MoreYummy wrote:

What does the programable sim do?  Sim are programmable anyway.

@Luddite  One sim can use on all carrier?

Correct; 1 SIM for all carriers. Switching carriers done on the iPad without getting another SIM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

What does the programable sim do?  Sim are programmable anyway.

@Luddite  One sim can use on all carrier?

No SIM is on the horizon; well currenly a programmable SIM anyway. Apple already testing with some iPads and carriers. Carriers hate it but then Apple doesn't seem to care what they think.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

viviantung92

The sim cards didnt change

I never heard rumors /stories where the sim card size would be different. 

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for sharing.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yes sim cards will work in other devices. Even if they are not the same size they can be cut down to size or adapter added (although not always the best solution).

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@parousia52 wrote:

There is no problem when I switched SIM card (for PB) from iPhone 6 plus into iPhone 8 plus.

SIM card size is same. And it immediately works in new device! Feel safe about this!

I would have expected so... On a seperate but related note: My wife had an issue with her Android phone. While it was in for repair, she popped her SIM back into her iPhone 5 backup and it worked fine.

The SIM is not locked to the phone; if they are the same size they transfer without issue (I imagine sometimes you may need to change APN parameters if the phone was not reset prior)

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for the info. How you liking the iPhone 8? Good to know there will be no issues.

Feel free to accept this post as the solution, as it seems you soluted (yeah, I just made up a word) your own post already... 😅

Need Help? Let's chat.