cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI validation - device not found

Taryon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I'm in the process of signing up with PM (I've already ordered my PM SIM card), however, when validating my phone will work on the network, I'm receiving the error that mentions my device cannot be found.

To clarify, my current phone (iPhone 6) was purchased directly from Apple, so it is factory unlocked. I'm validating the phone will work with PM mostly out of peace-of-mind, however, this has me concerned. Is there any other reason as to why the IMEI checker would not be able to find my device?

Similarly, I've entered my sister's IMEI (iPhone 5s) to validate her phone, as I may want to sign her up as well - her IMEI is returning the same message about not being found. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Guaranteed to work, by me  🤑

Taryon

@hummuschips wrote:

Regardless of the phone validator not being ablel to find the IMEI, both iPhones will work fine on Public Mobile.

Good to know. Thanks!

Taryon

@Devil_tear wrote:

how did you look up your IMEI? did you use *#06#? 

Yep. I also validated from the settings in the phone (Settings > General > About > IMEI).

Taryon

@eazybelle wrote:

Hey there. I'm not sure why the IMEI checker is not able to validate your two phones. But, I wouldn't worry about it. It should work! Since you bought them from the Apple store, they are unlocked and you should be able to use them with any carrier.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm pretty confident too they should work as they're factory unlocked from Apple. I know the IMEI checker shouldn't be taken as 100% gauranteed anyways, but it would be nice to have peace of mind 😉

But thanks! Hopefully everything ends up okay.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Regardless of the phone validator not being ablel to find the IMEI, both iPhones will work fine on Public Mobile.

Devil_tear
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

how did you look up your IMEI? did you use *#06#? 

eazybelle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey there. I'm not sure why the IMEI checker is not able to validate your two phones. But, I wouldn't worry about it. It should work! Since you bought them from the Apple store, they are unlocked and you should be able to use them with any carrier.

Need Help? Let's chat.