cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was a lucky mobile

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Previous customer of lucky mobile, now public mobile customer but envy the *750mb data on 15/m plan.

please  consider  matching  all similar competitive promo although this months add on makes up for it. This will avoid distraction promotional as I not only enjoy the plan but also encourage others too join . 

*I am disappointed there is no 10 /m deals . Seriously prices should be 9.99 and 250mb data

16 REPLIES 16

@dboxtvinfo715  With the rewards offered pm wins out over lucky especially in the long run with the loyalty reward. That's if you leave it at that. Since you love the community this will also work in your favour. Not only will you learn all about public mobile, how to operate and troubleshoot your phone and how to manage your account.....the kicker is with daily participation as you learn and eventually begin to help others this will all go towards the community rewards calculation. Top 50% is fairly easy to acquire and with consistency top 25% as well. With loyalty after a year you have almost a guaranteed $5 discount every month.

I have two accounts with public mobile and I was lucky enough to sneak under the wire and change one to the $10 plan before it was eliminated. 2 months after activating it that account is free and building credit because its tied to my community account. So how do i save on my more expensive account? The same way i originally whittled down the first one....referrals. Currently it has autopay $2+$5 In referrals $7 off my bill. The current free second month, free holiday add on gifts and an advertised free sim offer from walmart (can be price matched by other retailers) and the $20 bonus referral credit for you ($10 for your referral) this is when you put the effort in to get your friends and family to switch to public mobile. Referral rewards have no limit. Switch five people now you will get $100 in account credits plus $5 monthly rewards and $2 autopay.

Here's the simple math on this kind of promotion. When you add up the free month, $10 Referral credit and $2 autopay choosing any plan between $25 and $50 and switching to the $15 for the second month will cost $53+tax for 6 months of service or $6.63+tax per month. Take advantage of this promotion and get yourself some referrals you'll have a $0 phone bill in no time.

@Master2001 wrote:

Lucky mobile 750MB @$15 is data only plan.

With calls and text, Lucky mobile @$15 is 500MB, like Public Mobile.

With calls and text, Lucky mobile @$15 is 250MB, like Public Mobile (with AutoPay).

@Master2001 

And I heard a complaint that incomings are not unlimited but counted against 100.

So for $2-7 less you get much much more

@dboxtvinfo715 

I think of every plan up to $7 less as I'm really planning to stick around.

So I see 15 really as 8 (eventually)

pmmobile

@dboxtvinfo715 

PM definately has the better value/price for the plans with its rewards. Lucky, I believe has unlimited data throttle at 128kbps, which is still ok for messaging and very little browsing.

buiya

@Staliger wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

Previous customer of lucky mobile, now public mobile customer but envy the *750mb data on 15/m plan.

please  consider  matching  all similar competitive promo although this months add on makes up for it. This will avoid distraction promotional as I not only enjoy the plan but also encourage others too join . 

*I am disappointed there is no 10 /m deals . Seriously prices should be 9.99 and 250mb data

I think, PM wins in the long run due to its rewards. Maybe they even will improve plans in the future.

Agreed!!! When you look back at your spend for the year with what's being offered, the long run with PM is the way to go. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

In this day and age it should be easy to do the appropriate research on price and features that providers offer. Then go and sign up (or stay) for what works best for you. 

As the saying goes around here: "Take Public Mobile for what it is, not what you want it to be." I'm sure that is true for any Canadian provider.

As mentioned before: the Lucky $15/750MB plan is data only - if you are going for a data only plan there are more economical options out there, if you are willing to put the work in  and go postpaid. 

dboxtvinfo715

sold me with ADD on

*etc autopay

butHeartCommunity 

is awesome !

dboxtvinfo715

that is  why I asked 

this is valuable information 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

I think, PM wins in the long run due to its rewards. Maybe they even will improve plans in the future.

@Master2001 wrote:

Au contraire, it's 250MB with both, when you set up autopay.

What folks seem to have overlooked, and what is one of the main reasons I switched from Lucky to PM, is that on the $15 plan, Lucky's 100 mins. of talk time is BOTH outgoing AND incoming calls, whereas PM's 100 mins. is for outgoing calls ONLY, with UNLIMITED incoming calls. 👍  😀 

And on top of what I said above, PM has the $5 for 500 Canada-wide minutes add-on, in case you need more, AND they roll-over 'til used, whereas Lucky has "Service Passes" which expire at the end of 30 days!!! 👍 👍 👍 

@Master2001 wrote:

@Master2001  Public $15 plan is 250MB data not 500MB.

dboxtvinfo715

yes, true. 

dboxtvinfo715

That was the second part of the post, the first part was their 15/m offer with 750mb

the second part was about me sujjesting paying 9.99 but previous post clarified that we get auto pay credit and if lucky we get referalls

dboxtvinfo715

Long term yes

too build this is to eliminate the distraction of offers that discourage a new activiation.

I have too say, thanks 

Master2001

With calls and text, Lucky mobile @$15 is 250MB, like Public Mobile (with AutoPay).

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

You suggest matching Lucky but Lucky doesn't have any $9.99 plan.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715That would be nice, but before that happens keep in mind the rewards public mobile offers. It's only $13 amonth after autopay and cost is removed $1 for each year you stay which brings the total to $8 after 5 years or $18 for the $25 plan with unlimited calling and 500+500mb of data. Plus referrals and community rewards with little effort can bring the cost plans down to $0.

Need Help? Let's chat.