cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want it to show as TELUS, not public mobile

Srbck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am using an iPhone and I am with public mobile. AT the top left corner it says  
TELUS for a few seconds but then after it says public mobile. I wanted to stay at TELUS. 

can someone plz help me

10 REPLIES 10

cbx4evr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@srlawren wrote:

@cbx4evr wrote:

Huh!!?? Why???? Telus isn't giving you what Public is so why would you want that on your phone???

@cbx4evr sure they are:  Telus owns Public Mobile, and all services are provided on Telus' mobile network.  

Ya, I know and technically you are correct but you won't get the same offer from Telus as you get from Public.

It's like PC Financial (now Simpli) used to be. Service provided by CIBC but no way you got the same feeless structure direct form CIBC.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@cbx4evr wrote:

Huh!!?? Why???? Telus isn't giving you what Public is so why would you want that on your phone???

Public Mobile, like Koodo, is a Telus flanker brand. The sad state of affairs for mobile competition in Canada is virtually all the brand are owned by three companies - Virgin and Lucky (Bell), Koodo and Public mobile (Telus), and Fido and Chatr (Rogers). The illusion of competition. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cbx4evr wrote:

@cbx4evr sure they are:  Telus owns Public Mobile, and all services are provided on Telus' mobile network.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cbx4evr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@JC29 wrote:

Even if Public Mobile is a sub brand of TELUS, I don't think you can do that unless you do a custom ROM that will allow you to do it or as some other people have said, rename your SIM (in other android phones like my dual sim Samsung) into TELUS.

So the answer to the iPhone issue was solved with advice for Android?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Even if Public Mobile is a sub brand of TELUS, I don't think you can do that unless you do a custom ROM that will allow you to do it or as some other people have said, rename your SIM (in other android phones like my dual sim Samsung) into TELUS.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Srbck wrote:

I am using an iPhone and I am with public mobile. AT the top left corner it says  
TELUS for a few seconds but then after it says public mobile. I wanted to stay at TELUS. 

can someone plz help me

Android phones can have custom ROM that ignores sim instructions to rename the network. Why does it matter?  Who is going to be looking at your phone but you?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Srbck  Pay a little extra and signup with Telus.😁

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Srbck wrote:

can someone plz help me

If you want it to say Telus sign up with them. Why does it matter what it says?  It has been a long time since I have had an iPhone can you still jailbreak them if so then you could put whatever you want up there.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@SrbckThe only way you will get Telus is if you subscribe to Telus instead of Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.