cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want everything cancelled

NHNH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for their promo on Saturday $40/4g and after completing everything, I was double charged $275! That's 6moths of service rather than 3 months.  I've PM a couple of MOD and opened up a ticket, still haven't heard back.

I'm not happy that I've ported my # to another provider today.  I want a refund and want nothing to do with Public Mobile as they are unable to assist me and many other unsatisfied customers!

NH

9 REPLIES 9

evilcountdracul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Imagine if you deal a business where you would pay for an item and or service only to be told that we charged your credit card but unable to provide you service. Please contact other customer and or communities that are happy with our product. Since we are swamped with so many requests we would not be able to listen to your concerns.Money is non-refundable. 

edham
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am shocked to see users lecturing other users because they are complaining! A gang of apologetics defending a private business as if it were a charity! What was supposed to be a Community looks more like a sect attacking any member who does not bow to the unwritten rules of the congregation. So, please be mindful that we are paying customers, we have the right to be dissatisfied, and we can voice our discontent without having you unofficially blame us or even bully us. PM says: “Our mission is simple. We want to put the power back into the hands of the customer by giving them more choice and control over their wireless spend”. Consequently, I am expecting PM to honour their promise, as at this moment, I feel that I am a beggar not a “customer”, that I have no “control” or “more choice”. I give the floor to the moralists to teach me how to stay calm, patient until my one week unsuccessful porting works, and grateful for a great deal that deserves devotion and the utmost submission to PM, a cooperative wireless company under Telus, a corporation that generated $12.5 billion in revenue in 2015.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Firstly, if you have read what has been going on, the mods are currently swamped, and your submitted request will not likely to have been read until 5-7 days.

Nextly, if you had the patience, they would have responded, and definitely given you the overcharged amount back as they have stated that they are committed to addressing all of the customer's issues. It would just take some time, and your money definitely would have been back.

Now that you've made the improntu decision to switch to another provider, you are kind of at a lose-lose. You are no longer a customer so it might be harder to get a full refund (I am assuming you have used at least 2 days of their service since you signed up on Saturday), AND you have lost out on a great plan.

What can you do? Be patient, let the mods have time to respond to your message, and you may be able to get back the payment of your second 3-month prepaid. Showing that you've moved to another provider or threatening to leave Public Mobile will not have any effect on treating you differently. Public Mobile does not have a call centre like other providers where customer retention is the #1 focus, because, they already attract customers through their competitive plans.

hslee1210
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I understand your frustration, but it would be hard to get the full amount of money back. They states no refund on pre-paid amount, which will be $120 since you are 90 day plan. You may be able to get money back for the rest amount $155 ($275 - $120).

In terms of agreement, it states "Prepaid service credits are non-refundable" unfortunately...

But, try to explain and convince them to refund you the full amount. Good luck.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

If the original porting was complete and they charged you twice I am not sure you will get the whole amount back.  If you have now ported your number from PM to another provider.  As PM is a prepaid service you chose to leave it.  I understand that you were double charged but you were also provided the service so they may refund you the second extra charge. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

bryanbreguet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Cypm wrote:

sorry to hear that. i defitely understand how frustated you are. you are not happy what has happend just at begining of your new service however i believe you will be more happy what you get . massive activiation did screw up some of new customer however you should understand how it is like that. the money you have been charge should be able to get refund there is no double. it is just system error. all company does that mistake. 

Well it seems he already ported his number to another provider. So not sure there is anything to do for him. Maybe port back? Man, I wouldn't want to me a mod right now and have to deal with cases like this one here (note: I totally understand the frustration however).

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

They are swamped at the moment because of the promotion. Many customers with similar issues are waiting for help. The expected response time currently is a few days. I would urge patience, as your issue has only been since Saturday, while others have been waiting longer.  In the end, the savings will be worth it.

Here's a message from a mod on the current situation:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Moving-forward-together/m-p/105074

Cypm

sorry to hear that. i defitely understand how frustated you are. you are not happy what has happend just at begining of your new service however i believe you will be more happy what you get . massive activiation did screw up some of new customer however you should understand how it is like that. the money you have been charge should be able to get refund there is no double. it is just system error. all company does that mistake. 

mohamed_mohamed

Just call your credit card company, explain the situation and ask them to refund you 

Need Help? Let's chat.