cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I upgraded my phone plan but still have old plan.

Rutlandkid123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

About 3 weeks ago I upgraded my phone plan from 2gb data to 5gb data. However today when I was at work it showed my data was all used up, and instead of the 5gbs I upgraded to, It still shows up saying I have 2gb data. I didnt go on it anymore because I didnt want to be overcharged. How do I get my upgraded plan to show up? 

8 REPLIES 8

Rutlandkid123

Thank you this worked!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Rutlandkid123 ,

Firstly, you need not worry about getting overage charges; you do not get charge overages at Public Mobile. 🙂 When you run out of data you simply do not have the ability to use your data anymore, it just stops working; then at renewal you get it all back again.

Always remember you can refer to your self serve My Account as well; this is the most accurate tracking of your data usage.

Please check out this app. It is for android users and it is sometimes mentioned to users to keep their data use tracked. It can be set to your 30 day renewal cycle.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rutlandkid123that's a limit you have set on your phone. Your real limit is what it says when you log in your Public Mobile account and you should be going by that.

Change the limit on your phone or remove it all together and just log into your account every now and then to see your limit. Remember plans are 30 days and not monthly.

Samsung Galaxy S9

Tap the Settings icon.

Tap Connections.

Tap Data Usage.

Tap Mobile Data Usage.

Tap the Settings icon.

Tap the status switch beside Set Data Limit.

Tap Data Limit. Enter a data usage limit and then tap Set.

Or remove it all together

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rutlandkid123 wrote:

Yeah on the website it says I have the plan and it even shows my data:1896.892/5120mb (5gb)

• However on my phone samsung 9 in settings it says my data caps out at 2.04gb 

The overview counter has taken on many challengers and most have lost. You need to set your phone to the same period of your plan renewal.

Rutlandkid123

My phone is a Samsung s9. I checked to see if I had to turn off a data limiter but I'm not seeing anything in my settings to do it.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Rutlandkid123  you need to turn off the data limiter on your device

1. Tap Settings > Connections > Data usage.
  2. Tap the Settings icon.
  3. Tap the Data limit slider to turn on or off.
  4. When you reach this data amount, your data connection is automatically disabled.

Rutlandkid123

Yeah on the website it says I have the plan and it even shows my data:1896.892/5120mb (5gb)

• However on my phone samsung 9 in settings it says my data caps out at 2.04gb 

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Did you confirm that your plan was actually changed to 5 GB because plans don’t downgrade without your authorization. The change plan option is a little slow now, but I’ll provide the link for you to try again:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/

Need Help? Let's chat.