cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I may have enabled T-911 in the add-ons tab by accident.

GroovyBro
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I disable T-911?

I thought it stood for Telephone-911 and checked the box to enable it as an add-on and clicked "buy add-on".

However, I don't see it under my add-ons and its gone from the "add an add-on" tab.

I really don't want to have to text the 911 operator in the case of an emergency and I want to make sure that I dont have T-911 enabled.

I don't see T-911 under my payment history or my current add-ons tab so I dont know if I enabled it or not.

4 REPLIES 4

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @GroovyBro

I'm sorry about this, 

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number? 

I will be glad to look into this for you. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

GroovyBro
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Luddite I think youre wrong. T-911 is usually handled by the provider because it's just a message that comes with your phone when you call 911 that the 911 operator recieves.

The messages just tells the operator that youre hearing or speech impared and they will send you texts instead.

This is definitely a thing that Public Mobile will have to change because I cannot from the self serve menu.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Unless you can enable it from your phone it won't work. PM has no add-on for texting to 911. As far as I can learn you must enable the service and it is available only in a few locations. Text 911

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Staff member will be able to change this. 

@Shazia_K

Need Help? Let's chat.