cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm filling in a ticket and it says my number does not match the requested format.

GLap
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm putting in the number without spaces.

18 REPLIES 18

@GLap , did you contact the moderators as @Jb456 suggested ? They can help you with that . Contact them directly using this link  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@GLap wrote:

Yes, that's what I'm trying to do.

GLap

Yes, that's what I'm trying to do.

@gblackma  it appears they already have an account.. screenshot they posted is self serve account to change phone number.....

@GLap  if it's giving you issues. Contact moderators for assistance. Link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@GLap wrote:

Oh,  that's not the form I'm getting.

Screenshot_20200222-084504.png

@GLap  

This page is from self serve Account. I thought you were trying to activate a new sim card.?

So you already have a public mobile account and your simply trying to transfer your number over?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

GLap

Oh,  that's not the form I'm getting.

Screenshot_20200222-084504.png

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Shouldn't be as there is no star (*) next to it for it to be a required field.

Screenshot_20200222_081210.jpg

Please contact moderators for assistance

GLap

Sorry,  it's a required field.

GLap

Ahh ok I did everything except leaving the alternate number blank.

I'll try that now.

Thanks!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Also don't forget a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@GLap first take note porting a bell landline could take up to 7days.

The bell account needs to be active and in good standing. Once port is complete the system will automatically notify bell to close the account.

Now you must ensure all details match exactly what is on your Bell bill.

Also in the sim activation page where it asks "alternate phone number" leave it blank.

If you continue to have issues contact moderators for assistance with link provided above to reach them via private message.

GLap

Thank you, I'll try that.

GLap

I've had this number for quite some time and I just thought I would like to Port my landline number

In doing so this is the error messages I received

I've checked things over a number if times.

Your Old Service Provider rejected your transfer request. Common mistakes:

•   • Account Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •  
  •   • Equipment Serial Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •  
  •   • Security PIN doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •  
  •   • Alternate Contact Number format (should be 10-digits, no spaces, no dashes)
  •  
  •   • Did not check the “I am authorized…” checkbox

• Please review and correct your entries, and click “Submit”

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@GLap  what issues are you experiencing porting via bell? Did you receive an error or anything?

Did you get sim card invalid? If yes, system locks that sim for 50 minutes. You'd have to wait an hour , clear history and cookie cache and try again in an hour. Best to try in incongnito mode.

If not. Some prefer the method of signing up with a temporary number first. Then doing the porting through their self serve account.. if you do it this way once your sim is activated with a temporary number log into serve account and click change number.

Screenshot_20191223_210328.jpg

Below link is the porting guide. It will give you step by step what to do to successfully port your number.

CLICK HERE FOR PORTING GUIDE 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

If you missed @Jb456 's link here. Here is the private message link again to contact them directly  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/tkb-p/knowledge_base

while you wait for moderator response which will come via private message here. Keep an eye on the envelope. At the top right of the screen. Please tell us the problem @GLap. We may be able to assist you with it. Welcome to the community .

@GLap wrote:

I'm putting in the number without spaces.

GLap

I'm having trouble porting my bell landline. So when I was creating a ticket and filling in all the required fields my number comes back as  please match the requested format. Strange because there's only one way to put in the phone number

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

What issues are you having that you need to contact moderators? Maybe we can help?

Another option to reach moderators if the chat bot is giving you issues is to contact them via private message.

Link below to reach them.

CLICK HERE 

Need Help? Let's chat.