cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I know I missed the opportunity. Need a better way to link Community Rewards to My Account.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Would there be a consideration to link community rewards to “My Account” using a different unique identifier to both?  Right now the link is your email address. But how about using the “Referral Code”. This would allow a different email for “Community” business vs “My Account” business. Reason is......Community emails won’t clutter up an email address that has a defined use. 

21 REPLIES 21

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't understand how using the built in capabilities of your email program, aka filtering, is considered a band aid solution? Why would Public Mobile bother building that into the site? Based on what I've seen from the IT department here, it wouldn't be a better solution than what is already available, if they even got around to doing it.

@AE_Collector wrote:

I am fairly active on here yet I am emailed about nothing at all from the community. Just don’t need any of my email boxes being filled up. When I go to the community I see the list of new activity to topics that I’ve posted on or if I am mentioned etc. Good enough fir me!

AE_Collectir

@LurganIeUk  I'm like @AE_Collector  I get no emails from the community.....i just check in when im not busy to my notifications and go from there. I don't want to be bothered by all the pings and dings!

@JoyLuck 

Depending on what email provider you are using a rule may be able to be  set up to forward specific emails to another address. 

Thanks you had the best work around solution!!! I use GMAIL for both. I have set a filter to forward from Email A to Email B and also set up Email A to delete all "filtered" email. So the emails only show on Email B. 

B U T  If Public Mobile was to ask for suggested improvements, this would be one from me!! Not everyone has the time, or fortitude, the know how to what to do, or how to program the band aid resolution. 

To everyone else that responded....Thank You

I am fairly active on here yet I am emailed about nothing at all from the community. Just don’t need any of my email boxes being filled up. When I go to the community I see the list of new activity to topics that I’ve posted on or if I am mentioned etc. Good enough fir me!

AE_Collectir

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

I really don't want to hear what you do or why you think it can't happen. 

I read your OP. Seems it's a suggestion idea.

So I'm going to go ahead and say why I don't think it can happen anyway:)

Fixing actual problems goes at a snails pace around here. Changing the system like that would be way down any priority list if one exists.

So, as we do around here, we suggest workarounds like JoyLuck did.

I use one or two of the ideas mentioned in this thread.

I know...you didn't want to hear it...but I'm an opinionated old sot and this is the internet.:)

Thanks all. 

Once again please read the original post. 

I really don't want to hear what you do or why you think it can't happen. 

To simplify...there must be a way to have an email address for your My Account and a different email address for the Community Account and use some type link when you set up Community to attach your Community Account to your My Account. 

So far the best idea was from @JoyLuck  and I think I have it set up using a filter. 

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@ShawnC13 

Great point. "Referral links and codes get handed out.  Someone could then get into your self-serve and community account"

Maybe the could do another unique and secret link for linking to the Community for rewards.

It took a long time fo get referral links away from phone numbers.  I wouldn't want more codes or links to be able to sign in.  Plus you need to start with your email for your self-serve account.  No point signing up for that with your email then being sent a different link to use to log into your account

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 

Great point. "Referral links and codes get handed out.  Someone could then get into your self-serve and community account"

Maybe the could do another unique and secret link for linking to the Community for rewards.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

If everyone goes back and rereads my OP I would like Community notifications, but NOT to the email address that is linked to “My Account” as that email is more business oriented for billing etc.  I would rather see the “recreational type” of Community emails to one of my NON  business oriented email addresses. If Public Mobile can provide a unique link like the referral link, why not use that instead. 

Referral links and codes get handed out.  Someone could then get into your self-serve and community account.  I only get emails for Private Messages and when I am tagged

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

I filter everything, I have so many rules my stomach turns when I go into filters.

I just recently noticed my rule for bigfoot. That place really needs dusting. 

Unless you will be penalized for traffic, just forward it and trash it

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LurganIeUk  why not change the email address in selfserve (username and have mods change the account address)

Pm rarely if ever sends out account related emails .

@JoyLuck 

Wow....I have been using filters for years.....that is a good idea if I can set a filter to forward to another email address. In the old days we called that a “Brain Wave”😀😀

If everyone goes back and rereads my OP I would like Community notifications, but NOT to the email address that is linked to “My Account” as that email is more business oriented for billing etc.  I would rather see the “recreational type” of Community emails to one of my NON  business oriented email addresses. If Public Mobile can provide a unique link like the referral link, why not use that instead. 

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@JoyLuck 

If email not same......no community rewards for participation. 

@geopublic 

Yes I know. I want to participate but would like that email traffic go to a different email address. I would think some others users would find this as a good resolution. 

Depending on what email provider you are using a rule may be able to be  set up to forward specific emails to another address. 

@gblackma 

If you have all the other notifications turned off.....how do you respond ever so quickly to new posts??

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@LurganIeUk , just turn off your notifications.  You won't even know what email address is being used for the community account.  If needed, you can change your community account email and do the same at the self serve account end.  At the end of the day, notification settings will determine how much your inbox will receive.  

@JoyLuck wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Would there be a consideration to link community rewards to “My Account” using a different unique identifier to both?  Right now the link is your email address. But how about using the “Referral Code”. This would allow a different email for “Community” business vs “My Account” business. Reason is......Community emails won’t clutter up an email address that has a defined use. 

You can set a different email for the “Community” under My Settings. Click on your icon beside the envelope icon.

@JoyLuck  If you want to be able to recieve any community rewards you may earn your community email and self serve account email have to be exactly the same.

@JoyLuck 

If email not same......no community rewards for participation. 

@geopublic 

Yes I know. I want to participate but would like that email traffic go to a different email address. I would think some others users would find this as a good resolution. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk You can change your community email preferences. My settings > SUBSCRIPTIONS AND NOTIFICATIONS > Notification settings > set them how you would like them> Save.  My own looks like this, and only private messages come through to my email .

Screenshot_20200325-210302.jpg

Screenshot_20200325-211257.jpg

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk wrote:

You can set a different email for the “Community” under My Settings. Click on your icon beside the envelope icon.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk  Community emails could be easily turned off from your settings.

Need Help? Let's chat.