cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I know I missed the opportunity. Need a better way to link Community Rewards to My Account.

Would there be a consideration to link community rewards to “My Account” using a different unique identifier to both?  Right now the link is your email address. But how about using the “Referral Code”. This would allow a different email for “Community” business vs “My Account” business. Reason is......Community emails won’t clutter up an email address that has a defined use. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: I know I missed the opportunity. Need a better way to link Community Rewards to My Account.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@JoyLuck 

If email not same......no community rewards for participation. 

@geopublic 

Yes I know. I want to participate but would like that email traffic go to a different email address. I would think some others users would find this as a good resolution. 

Depending on what email provider you are using a rule may be able to be  set up to forward specific emails to another address. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: I know I missed the opportunity. Need a better way to link Community Rewards to My Account.

@LurganIeUk  Community emails could be easily turned off from your settings.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Would there be a consideration to link community rewards to “My Account” using a different unique identifier to both?  Right now the link is your email address. But how about using the “Referral Code”. This would allow a different email for “Community” business vs “My Account” business. Reason is......Community emails won’t clutter up an email address that has a defined use. 

You can set a different email for the “Community” under My Settings. Click on your icon beside the envelope icon.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk You can change your community email preferences. My settings > SUBSCRIPTIONS AND NOTIFICATIONS > Notification settings > set them how you would like them> Save.  My own looks like this, and only private messages come through to my email .

Screenshot_20200325-210302.jpg

Screenshot_20200325-211257.jpg

Highlighted

@JoyLuck 

@geopublic 

Yes I know. I want to participate but would like that email traffic go to a different email address. I would think some others users would find this as a good resolution. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@JoyLuck wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

You can set a different email for the “Community” under My Settings. Click on your icon beside the envelope icon.

@JoyLuck  If you want to be able to recieve any community rewards you may earn your community email and self serve account email have to be exactly the same.

Highlighted
Oracle

@LurganIeUk , just turn off your notifications.  You won't even know what email address is being used for the community account.  If needed, you can change your community account email and do the same at the self serve account end.  At the end of the day, notification settings will determine how much your inbox will receive.  

Highlighted

@gblackma 

If you have all the other notifications turned off.....how do you respond ever so quickly to new posts??

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@JoyLuck 

@geopublic 

Depending on what email provider you are using a rule may be able to be  set up to forward specific emails to another address. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

If everyone goes back and rereads my OP I would like Community notifications, but NOT to the email address that is linked to “My Account” as that email is more business oriented for billing etc.  I would rather see the “recreational type” of Community emails to one of my NON  business oriented email addresses. If Public Mobile can provide a unique link like the referral link, why not use that instead.