cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just signed up on the basic plan & want to disable voicemail

roddyjb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone will dial out to others but nothing happens when I try to call voicemail in order to disable it.

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@roddyjb wrote:

I tried doing the changes to voicemail from another phone but it told me I had to call voicemail from my phone.  They should have a better system so you don't have to waste the few minutes you have 

If you use the Reset Voicemail Password function in the self-serve then that sets your voicemail password to your 10 digit phone number. Then you can use another phone to get in and do everything. Even initial set up.

But this is all moot now.

Once again...people calling and leaving voicemails doesn't consume minutes.

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@roddyjb wrote:

I tried doing the changes to voicemail from another phone but it told me I had to call voicemail from my phone.  They should have a better system so you don't have to waste the few minutes you have 

@roddyjb 

If you are on the $15 plan, with limiting outgoing minutes, you could consider buying the $5  500 Canada wide calling minutes add on.  Unused minutes do roll over to next month.  A very useful talk add on for the $15 plan.  

roddyjb

I could be mistaken, @roddyjb , but in future if you need to access your voicemail without using your minutes, you can call YOUR mobile from another phone (of course, don't answer it).

When your recorded message begins, press the # sign to enter your voicemail box, enter your personal verification information/PIN, then you can listen to available messages and/or change voicemail box options.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@roddyjb wrote:

Okay I think I managed to block voicemail - had to waste 6 of my precious minutes but at least it's done.

Too late now but I suppose I coulda said that you could do all this from another line. 🙂 I didn't know you were on the $15 plan.

People calling in and leaving voicemail messages don't consume minutes if that's what you were worried about.

Then you can listen to those messages from another line or use a voip app like TextNow.

roddyjb

Okay I think I managed to block voicemail - had to waste 6 of my precious minutes but at least it's done.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@roddyjb wrote:

pressing and holding the 1 gets it to say Voicemail calling - but then nothing happens

And dialing the number?

What phone and OS? There should be setting somewhere down in your dialer settings to set the voicemail number. Not forwarding. Just voicemail. We may need to get to forwarding afterwards.

roddyjb

pressing and holding the 1 gets it to say Voicemail calling - but then nothing happens

Anonymous
Not applicable

@roddyjb wrote:

My phone will dial out to others but nothing happens when I try to call voicemail in order to disable it.

There's no disabling voicemail. You can use the extended absence choice to not let people leave messages. Try dialing 17785804001 to get into it. If pressing and holding one on the dialer isn't getting there then you will need to set your phone to do so.

Need Help? Let's chat.