cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have public mobile service for 3years suddenly incoming calls stopped working

kuralenthi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have public mobile service for 3years suddenly incoming calls stopped working. My account is fully paid no issues. But out going calls are working .

15 REPLIES 15

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kuralenthi 

If there's anything else we can assist with, let us know!

If all is well, select a post as your solution as that helps us too.  🙂

kuralenthi

Thank you

@kuralenthi 

From the troubleshooting you have already done it appears the sim card is the issue. Contact the moderators and have them reset your account and reprovision your sim card. If this does not fix the issue then it is likely that your sim card is failing. 

Purchase a new unactivated sim card and save the reciept. Contact the moderators again and have them swap out the sim card in your account. You may ask if they will credit your account the cost of the replacement card and submit your reciept.

@kuralenthi wrote:

I changed to 3G , ensured DND is off   and ensured data roaming is off. It is still not working . I swapped phone and tried and not working

Although I do see the suggestion from earlier, please note that data settings or data roaming settings are unrelated to phone call issues.  Unless you're having data issues, the only possible outcome to that would be to cause problems with your mobile data.

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Your research would certainly suggest  its either sim or something on PM's end . I think I'd be opening a ticket asap and see what help a mod can be . 

BlueB

@kuralenthi 

Yes, it's possible.  You can buy a new SIM, then you (must) open a ticket through the SIMon chatbot to reach a Moderator who is the only one who can replace the SIM on your account.  However, we're not certain yet whether it's a SIM issue or not.  What about messaging?  Can you send and receive messages?

Have you by chance recently tried to port/transfer a telephone number?  That could explain your problem as well.

If you need to reach a Moderator (staff) open a Ticket through the SIMon chatbot... click on the chat bubble (lower-right corner) and you'll be able to login and attach your account to the ticket.  Otherwise, you can message them here but is slower because they'll have to authenticate you separately.

kuralenthi

Yes I tried with another phone as well. Only outgoing calls are working

kuralenthi

would it be possible to get new SIM as this SIM may have issues?

BlueB

@kuralenthi 

Is there an outage in your area?

https://www.telus.com/en/outages

I'm guessing you can still make outgoing calls?  What about send and receive SMS messages?  How is your data functioning?  These things will help us narrow if there's a problem with the service (elsehow).

Also, have you been able to try your SIM card in another unlocked phone?  We can see if you get calls that way.

kuralenthi

I used  different sim from different service provider on this phone,  it is working. Would it be a problem due to SIM?

kuralenthi

I changed to 3G , ensured DND is off   and ensured data roaming is off. It is still not working . I swapped phone and tried and not working

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think some phones just get bored when their owners just do the same thing day in and day out . My phone is constantly doing strange  things to  keep me engaged in a cell phone glitch learning program . (I'm sure it has a lot to do with my uneducated oversized fingers hitting buttons accidently) ...

I hope it is a simple fix  for you! 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kuralenthi wrote:

I have public mobile service for 3years suddenly incoming calls stopped working. My account is fully paid no issues. But out going calls are working .

Hello @kuralenthi 

Check to make sure your Do Not Disturb setting was turned on.

Are you able to check your SIM into another compatible PM phone to see if incoming calls work then? 

DeltaNumaris

I don't know if this is an obvious solution, but it might be possible you changed some of the Connection settings by accident.

Try:

Settings--> Connections--> Mobile Networks...

Make sure Data Roaming is off.

Make sure Airplane mode is off.

In Mobile Networks it should say:

Network Operator: Public Mobile

Network Mode: LTE/WCDMA/GSM(AutoConnect)

If you still can't get it to work, try Turning the Phone Off.

Take out the Sim Card.

Turn the Phone On.

Turn it Off Again.

Put the Sim Card back in.

Reboot.

I don't know if these methods will work, just trying to help.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@kuralenthi wrote:

Public has network problems in some places. They are fixing it. Set phone to 3g by turning off LTE network. LTE switchin to 3g can cause issues when someone calls.

Need Help? Let's chat.