cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have no cellphone service! Is there an outage right now?

BoomDigital
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Anybody else not getting public mobile service on their phone right now?

166 REPLIES 166

abcde443
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in Manitoba. Completely out of service for about 4 hours at least.

Live long and prosper, @Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheytoon wrote:

My Bell line in GTA was fine. I wonder if Telus and Koodo had issues, or Telus was making changes on their core for PM subscribers only... VoLTE enablement gone wrong?

I can see it now...flunky presses go. The room watches. Then the room erupts with whoa whoa whoa stop it stop it stop it. But it propagated out a couple networks outwards before they could stop it.

Flunky no longer works there because y'know red shirt and all. 🙂 Somebody's head's gotta roll.

Telus Support is posting that service should be restored!

esjliv_0-1614215018631.png

My Bell line in GTA was fine. I wonder if Telus and Koodo had issues, or Telus was making changes on their core for PM subscribers only... VoLTE enablement gone wrong?

@DDM69 , i will accept if i can   🙂

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DDM69 wrote:

Service was down in Kitchener for about an hour this afternoon. Does anyone have a link to what the issue was?

Thanks

Check here. 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Service was down in Kitchener for about an hour this afternoon. Does anyone have a link to what the issue was?

Thanks

Maelstrom40

It's back up

luigibell78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In Newmarket area and it just came back online. Was down since around 4:15pm

Maelstrom40

No service, I'm in Whitby. At least I know it's not my new phone lol.

@imm1304 wrote:

Hey @gnordoff ,

It was a widespread outage.  Service has been restored a few minutes ago at least here in Toronto. Just wait it out and you will have service soon 

Everyone:

Although this won't fix anything if the network is still down at your location, restarting your phone can sometimes get your phone work against slightly faster as this will cause your phone to disconnect and reconnect to the network. 

gnordoff

Thanks for the reply

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @gnordoff ,

It was a widespread outage.  Service has been restored a few minutes ago at least here in Toronto. Just wait it out and you will have service soon 

gnordoff

I checked for sim jacking. numbers match on account.

Area in Hamilton and South

gnordoff

Hamilton Area and south

brian11

@swl , sorry to hear that. I would recommend using a free voip app such as Fongo or textnow. All you need is wifi and it will be a good backup phone.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@crissy  there is/was a network outage affecting eastern canada

TELUS Service Status

@crissy wrote:

Hey!

I don't know what is wrong but when my mom was at work today (Etobicoke) she had zero reception, despite trying to reset her iPhone 11 no avail. However, when she reached home (downtown) that is when she had reception. 

The funny is when she is at home, she couldn't even use her data when she turned off her wifi but I did pay for her bill for this months cycle.

@crissy Major service interruptions in southern Ontario.

https://www.telus.com/en/qc/outages

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/no-network-cannot-call/td-p/658949

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/No-service/m-p/658992

crissy

Hey!

I don't know what is wrong but when my mom was at work today (Etobicoke) she had zero reception, despite trying to reset her iPhone 11 no avail. However, when she reached home (downtown) that is when she had reception. 

The funny is when she is at home, she couldn't even use her data when she turned off her wifi but I did pay for her bill for this months cycle.

@chillpills wrote:

@kb_mv thank you. I was not aware of that. I guess I'll just have to wait it out until it self resolves. Thanks again!

@chillpills Here are 2 threads covering it. Some are reporting service working again...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/no-network-cannot-call/td-p/658949

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/No-service/m-p/658992

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rickray4 : Clicking on Service Terms down on the bottom area you will find this:

Warranties
Are there any warranties on my Public Mobile service?
Since wireless telecommunications are delivered by radio waves, they are subject to factors that cannot reasonably be controlled. For this reason, Public Mobile does not guarantee timely, secure, error-free or uninterrupted service or that you will always receive your messages or data. To the extent permitted by law, legal warranties and conditions (implied or statutory) do not apply to the service.

@Anonymous Not to mention a 2-3 hour outage prorated on a 30 day (720 hours) plan works out to about a nickle on my $15 plan.

chillpills

@kb_mv thank you. I was not aware of that. I guess I'll just have to wait it out until it self resolves. Thanks again!

Karenmetcalfe

No service in the Orangeville area. Can make some outgoing calls but cannot receive incoming calls 

@chillpills wrote:

Is anyone having issues with their network today? It won't connect to my data as well. It was fine during the day but it just stopped working. I tried restarting my phone to no avail.

@chillpills There was/is a major outage in southern Ontario.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rickray4 : Clicking on Service Terms down on the bottom area you will find this:

Warranties
Are there any warranties on my Public Mobile service?
Since wireless telecommunications are delivered by radio waves, they are subject to factors that cannot reasonably be controlled. For this reason, Public Mobile does not guarantee timely, secure, error-free or uninterrupted service or that you will always receive your messages or data. To the extent permitted by law, legal warranties and conditions (implied or statutory) do not apply to the service.

chillpills

Is anyone having issues with their network today? It won't connect to my data as well. It was fine during the day but it just stopped working. I tried restarting my phone to no avail.

Shugar1

No Service. Dead zone.
Toronto on Feb.24 2021

Need Help? Let's chat.