cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have difficulty to activate my sim card, any one could help?

lilian001
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just bought a sim card today, and when i tried to activate it, it shows the sim card number is not valid. Anybody could help me please?

18 REPLIES 18

@lilian001 wrote:

during page 1 of the Activation pages

@lilian001 

Unless the phone you are using has a dual SIM card in it with another Public Mobile account, I think that SIM card you got is already used. 😞

@lilian001 wrote:

I just bought a sim card today, and when i tried to activate it, it shows the sim card number is not valid. Anybody could help me please?

I know that you might not want to hear this, but a SIM card not being invalid isn't something that anyone here or anyone who works at Public Mobile can get you past. Based on how there is a phone nunber on that SIM card, somebody already activated it, especially as you never chose a phone number yet. You will need a new SIM card. While Public Mobile will surely take care of the cost of a replacement SIM card, it does sound as if you will need another.

lilian001

during page 1 of the Activation pages

@lilian001 wrote:

if i check my phone sim informations in settings, there is already show a tel number and show it is a public mobile number

IS the above number, your number?

What happens when you call it from another device, does your phone ring?

If you have an Android phone, try

1. From the Home screen, open “Settings“.
  2. Scroll down and select “About phone” or “About device“. (You may see the phone number at this screen).
  3. Select “Status” or “Phone identity“.
  4. Select “SIM Status“.
  5. Your phone number is listed in the “My Phone Number” section of the screen.

Do you recognize the number that is being displayed?

Do you have a DUAL SIM phone? IS there another SIM in one of the SIM slots?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lilian001  - can you verify, please, if you got past the payment section of the activation pages?

When are you receiving this SIM error message? 

1-during page 1 of the Activation pages?

2-you completed the activation pages (and past the payment section), and this error occurs after you insert the SIM card into your phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lilian001 

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, and what Status !

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lilian001 wrote:

if i check my phone sim informations in settings, there is already show a tel number and show it is a public mobile number

@lilian001 

do you can all *611 ?

@lilian001 wrote:

@lilian001 

Where did you get the SIM card from? It sounds already activated...

Can you call someone on the phone or use any texting or data services?

lilian001

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lilian001 wrote:

After speak with a agent online, he asked me about the number and he said he could not help.🙄 

@lilian001 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

@lilian001 wrote:

discussed on line and the problem is not solved yet. the agent said i have go to "get help"and find somebody to help. want to submit a ticket and no issue i could choose for my situation. really headache!

already tried incognito browser and cleared browsing history.

i put the sim card in my phone and i could see a number is there but i did not activate it and i did not choose any plan yet. 

what should i do? 

@lilian001 What did you mean when you said the above in RED?

lilian001

After speak with a agent online, he asked me about the number and he said he could not help.🙄

@lilian001 wrote:

discussed on line and the problem is not solved yet. the agent said i have go to "get help"and find somebody to help. want to submit a ticket and no issue i could choose for my situation. really headache!

i put the sim card in my phone and i could see a number is there but i did not activate it and i did not choose any plan yet. 

what should i do? 

@lilian001 

Where did you get the SIM card from?

You cannot activate a SIM card that has been used or activated previously.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lilian001 wrote:

what should i do? 

@lilian001 

you have to Activate your SIM card,

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

lilian001

what should i do? 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lilian001 wrote:

@lilian001 

If you could not get past the part to enter your SIM card and still having issues, try the Live Chat with agent Online Activation Assistance visit  Here link,. 

HOURS OF OPERATION: 8:00am - 5:00pm PST / 11:00am - 8:00pm EST

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lilian001 wrote:

Hello @lilian001 

Did this message appear as soon as you entered the SIM card number?

Ensure you are using the 19-digits number, not the SKU number on the packaging.

Try again through a tab in incognito mode.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lilian001 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*for more information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy.

Need Help? Let's chat.