cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got the offer and transfer to Koodo,How can I get 120 credit balance at public mobile account back

Jamo707
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

11 REPLIES 11

piepie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
If you do decide to transfer over to Koodo, London Drugs is giving their sim cards away without charge. There is no need to bargain or sweet talk, it’s just their policy to give them away!

Also, if you would like a referral credit please PM me for the link! 😄 save some more money haha

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jamo707 the only way to speak with customer service is to send them a private message. Let us know how you fair out 

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Jamo707

Thank you very much.

I don't want to claim unused portion that I paid .

On Dec 6,2017, I was charged 134.40 and 124.32 on my credit card. 

One was I paid another one is auto charge. I made mistake I think.

The 90 days is due Mar 5,2018. I got the message from public mobile to thansfer to Kodoo on Feb 24. 

So I think I should have to claim the 120+tax back that I paid extra before .

I would like to know how can I speck to customer service?

thank you again

Jamo707

Thank you for your reply.

l set the autopay for my account. But I forgot it and manually paid again. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Jamo707, are you talking about losing paid usage or funds in the account?  These are two different things and will be treated very differently.  For paid usage, you don't get anything back from anyone if you leave under normal circumstances.  This being a unique circumstance where they decided to provide a 30 day migration window for 90 day subscriptions, they offered the $100 credit to offset what could be 60 as much as 60 days of stranded usage.  One of my migrations had exactly 2 months of stranded usage.  That's we the intention of the $100 in the migration package.

As for funds in the account, usually customers don't store funds.  They had no provisions planned in advance to deal with these outlier situations.  In fact Public Mobile was totally inflexible when the topic was raised.  Dealing with Koodo is YMMV.  If you get a friendly customer service rep, you might be able to work out something amicable.  Get an unreasonable rep and they will tell you to go pound sand.  I was able to convince the rep I dealt with to transfer my funds over.  It was far from straightforward.  My email inbox is littered with correspondence on this topic over a two week timeframe.  People have reached out to me privately lamenting about their lack of success with getting the fund transfer.  There's definitely no guarantees here.

With respect to negotiation itself, it's best to engage in the discussion prior to leaving.  It's much harder if the migration has been completed.  It is easy for them to say you took the offer as presented, why are you asking for betterment after the fact. 

I will put a different spin on this ordeal.  I tried to make the best of a bad situation by migrating during the double referral rewards period.  The extra cash from that helped to offset the stranded usage. The extra $25 is not a lot, but every bit counts.  When life serves you lemons, you gotta learn to like lemonade. 

If anyone is having issues with migration and wish to discuss it offline, reach out to me via private message.  I will try to offer some reasonable suggestions.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jamo707. Unless you discussed with koodo about your balance then you will have a tough time, you can talk to koodo as they are your current provider.  Your migration plan included a 100$ incentive which offsets your balance to 120-100 = 20.  So really you are out only 20$

@torontokriswrote:

@Jamo707 @You don't unfortunately that's what the $100 Koodo credit was for.

You can call koodo and beg but only one or two people claim they were able to get something back.  Koodo says they will refund the balance however you technically have no balance as it's zero and just paid till May etc. You choose to switch enjoy it

Adding to this ... a few people report the Koodo reps waiving their SIM Card fee or magnanimously granting some other special one-time sign-on credit/bonus to help close the gap (and to help close the deal).  This may involve the fine arts of bluff, intimidation, and haggling - or the finer arts of being flirty, meeting a bouyant Koodo rep, and having a favourable horoscope sign - the common mantra is always "YMMV" when dealing across the counter with these Koodo folks, it is apparently both an art and a science.

(I almost believe that they make customers "work" at getting the best deals so that their loyalty is firmly anchored in a sense of pride and ownership of something precious.  But I digress.)

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Why is your post blank?

Anyways, bon voyage Jamo707, and happy travels! Maybe we'll see you at PM again one day. Smiley Happy

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jamo707wrote:

I was due on Mar 5th, But I switch to Koodo on Feb 24. I paied two times 90 days ago ,so I have 120 credit balance.  Thank you very much

You can try what @torontokris suggested and beg Koodo to credit you but the original $100 credit was to somewhat compensate you for this very situation. Good luck though!

Jamo707

I was due on Mar 5th, But I switch to Koodo on Feb 24. I paied two times 90 days ago ,so I have 120 credit balance.  Thank you very much

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jamo707 @You don't unfortunately that's what the $100 Koodo credit was for.

You can call koodo and beg but only one or two people claim they were able to get something back.  Koodo says they will refund the balance however you technically have no balance as it's zero and just paid till May etc. You choose to switch enjoy it

Need Help? Let's chat.